Group 2

I ended up wearing jeans and my team USA jersey with converse, the only shoe I brought besides my skates. I did what I normal did for makeup, mascara, blush, highlighter, and chapstick. Completely natural compared to the full face and bright red lip Emily had on, but whatever makes her feel good.

"Ahem- Hi. Oh, that's loud. Hello there, ducks." A lady with a pantsuit and brown hair up in a bun smiled into a microphone, which was definitely not needed seeing as we were the only team here. "My names Lindsey Brooks, and I will be your teams interviewer. I'm so glad to have you all here today, it's my pleasure. Thank you all for joining me today."

"I will be separating you all into groups. Then, I'll give your group a number, and I'll bring your group into that room right there to get interviewed. Sound good?" She smiled we all said our different versions of 'yes'. "Oh, and before we start, some groups may have four or five people while others have three, due to the amount of players on the team. Just a heads up."

"Alrighty! Group 1: Fulton Reed, Ken Wu, and Dean Portman. Please see yourselves to that room and take a seat. I'll be right there for further instruction. Thank you."

"Okay. Group 2: Scarlett Anderson, Adam Banks, Alex Larson, Julie Gaffney, and Emily Tuner. Please take a seat in the waiting area to your left and wait to be called."

My jaw dropped and I had to bring my hand up to close it. This has to be some sort of joke, I thought to myself while I walked over to the seating area and took a seat in between Julie and Alex.

"Group 3: Aspen Johnson, Charlie Conway, and Luis Mendoza. Take your seats in the waiting area, please."

They walked towards us and Aspen held a finger gun to her head and rolled her eyes making me smile a bit. I gave her a 'me too' look, and we basically just sat there and talked with looks. Something that we learned how to do from being separated in class so many times. We even learned sign language to communicate.

"Group 4 will be: Connie Moreau, Guy Germaine,  and Lester Averman. Take your seats please."

The group came over to the waiting area and Connie looked at me and Aspen with sympathy, and I gave her one of those 'it's fine' looks, but she quickly returned an 'I don't believe you, but I'll ignore it' look.

"And for our fourth and final group: Jesse Hall, Greg Goldberg, Russ Tyler, and Dwayne Robertson. Go ahead and take your seats, please and thank you."

"Now wait for your group number to be called, once it is, you'll follow me into this room, and I'll ask you your questions. Stay with your groups until then. Thank you." She smiled and walked off into the room the first group was waiting in.

I sighed and leaned my head on Larson's shoulder and my eyes fluttered shut. My head is pounding and the I forgot to take the pain medication the doctors gave me. "You okay?" Alex muttered looking down at me. "Yeah, all good."

Adam Banks was currently fuming while shooting a burning glaring at the two.

Adam's POV:

It's made me sick. Seeing the girl I'm in love with fall in love with someone else. Every time I thought about it, even if it was just for a second, I feel my heart start to break into a million pieces. Maybe even more. When I thought about it I can't even seem to move or breathe, I just felt...nothing.

But I know I can't do anything now. I messed up. It's my fault. I ruined the only thing that ever meant something to me, the only person I truly loved. I broke her heart. And I broke the promise I made to her.

"Now, this might sound stupid, but I wanted to give you this. Everyone and everything good in my life always leave, or get fucked up. I want this to last. I don't know what's gonna happen in the future, but I need it to. Even if we end up just being friends. I don't think I can handle loosing you too. You've been an amazing friend, and an even better boyfriend, Adam Banks. So please, take this."  Ten year old Scarlett smiled at me.

"I'm not leaving." Ten year old me said grabbing her hand. "Promise?" She asked holding out her pinkie, making her and myself laugh. "Promise." I  nodded giving her a small kiss on her forehead. And in that moment I remember thinking, 'I'm going anywhere, ever.'

I guess things change over time.

Scarletts POV

Now, there's no way I'm falling in love with Larson. And he knows that, I know that. It's all an act.

There's no way I'm planning on falling in love any time soon. I can't hurt myself like that again. But seeing Adam mad made me feel a bit happier about the situation.

As shitty as it sounds, he deserves it. Right?

I mean, Adam fucked up. Bad. There's no fixing what he did. He fucked up at one of the times I needed him most. One of the most messed up times in my life and he decides to just go and shit all over me. One final 'fuck you' to top everything off.

I know Adam's mad, upset even.. I want him to feel what I felt when I found out what he did.

I couldn't move, breathe, I couldn't even cry. I just felt...nothing.

My heart broke into a million pieces that day.

And I want his to break into a million more.

He broke his promise he made. He promised. It's like all of what he said meant nothing. Just words flowing out of his mouth to make me happy in that moment. Only words.

"Now, this might sound stupid, but I wanted to give you this. Everyone and everything good in my life always leave, or get fucked up. I want this to last. I don't know what's gonna happen in the future, but I need it to. Even if we end up just being friends. I don't think I can handle loosing you too. You've been an amazing friend, and an even better boyfriend, Adam Banks. So please, take this." Ten year old me smiled at Adam.

"I'm not leaving." Ten year old Adam said grabbing my hand. "Promise?" I asked holding out my pinkie, making myself and Adam laugh. "Promise." He nodded giving me a small kiss on my forehead.

That was all bullshit. Just some lie. Nothing more than words to him. But to me...to me that was a promise. A promise that was holding my life together ever since it was made.

People who break promises piss me off. If you're not gonna fulfill your promise, don't promise something. Simple as that.

One thing I know for sure, is that Adam Banks will be on my shit list for a long time.

-
im going to a football game to night and my school football team sucks

so that's really exciting