New Kids

"Tell me about my new kids." Bombay said to Mr. Tibbles as the new additions to our team skated up.

"That's Luis Mendoza. He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster, incredible skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line."

"He's a good looking skater." Connie nodded from her spot next to me and Guy. "Definitely good looking." I agreed and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Adam roll his eyes. "Ooh, totally." Aspen smiled making Charlie look at her like she was crazy.

"Very good looking. Wouldn't you'd say Guy, Charlie, Adam?" Averman joked. "Shut it, Averman." They all said pushing him down.

He skated past us and winked at me, at least I think, as he skated by. "Oh my god!" Connie squealed shaking my shoulders. "If I were you I might pass out." Aspen sighed dreamily. I heard Adam and Charlie scoff and look away.

"He has one minor problem." Mr. Tibbles said making me look back at the boy skating around. He let out a yell and slammed into the boards. We all look at the boy with wide eyes as the new kids helped him up.

"Not the face." Aspen muttered making Charlie glare at her. "Oh, sorry." She looked back at Charlie who looked mad. "Yeah." He muttered annoyed. "You're cute too I guess." She tried to cheer him up. "Real believable, thanks." He said sarcastically. "Anytime."

"Yee-haw! How is everyone? Y'all ready to play some puck?" A boy in a cowboy hat skated up.

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin. He's the best puck handler I've ever seen." Mr. Tibbles said as we all watched the boy do different tricks with the puck. "You mean for his age?" Bombay asked confused. "No, I don't."

"There's Julie 'the cat' Gaffney." A girl skated up to the goal making me, Connie, and Aspen look at each other in excitement. "She won the state championship for Maine three years in a row."

"Well, we have a goalie, Goldberg." Bombay nodded to Goldberg who was yelling stuff then fell into the splits. "Looks like Goldie got better over the summer." I said sarcastically.

We all skated up to Julie and took shots at her, she blocked everyone of them. "Well, we could use a backup." Bombay shrugged.

"Isn't that the kid from the Olympics? The figure skater?" Bombay asked as a boy spun around. "Yep. Ken Wu. I convinced him that hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hands and no ones been able to touch him." Mr. Tibbles said as we watched the boy do tricks.

"Then, Emily Turner. One of Delaware's best enforcers." A blonde girl winked towards me and Adam making me roll my eyes. "We have an enforcer, Aspen." Bombay nodded towards the red head standing behind me. "You'll need more when you play Iceland."

"Don't you know, everything's on fire!" A very tall boy skated out onto the ice making us all look in his direction. He passed through us pushing a couple people over then skated towards Dwayne, "Come on, Tex. Sing it with me!" He yelled making Dwayne shake his head really fast.

He shrugged and threw his stick to Julie after pushing down more ducks. "Here's another enforcer Gordon. And when you play Iceland you're gonna need him as well. You're gonna need all you can get." Tibbles nodded towards the boy who was now lifting Ken off the ice and on top of the goal.

We all skated up to each other and started to argue. Emily insulted Aspen so I skated over and started to defend her. "Everybody freeze!" Bombay shouted making us all stop.

"We didn't come here to fight. We came here to play hockey. We're team USA, you represent your country." Bombay said as him and Tibbles walked up to us. "That's right." Mr. Tibbles interrupted Bombay's speech. "Now I want you to-"

"Be all that you can be, right? You gotta raise yourself up, guys. You got-" Mr. Tibbles kept interrupting Bombay's speech making him sigh. "Alright, let's start with a scrimmage."

"Great. Scrimmage. You heard your coach, now-" Tibbles interrupted again making us all laugh. "Hey, you don't need me here. I've got an appointment. I need to see Miss. McKay she's the teams tutor." He said walking off. "Don?" Bombay held out his hand while Tibbles gave Coach his whistle back.

"You'll get it back at the end of the school term." He said making us all laugh again. "Alright ducks. Show em watcha got. Let's Scrimmage!"