The Final Game

"USA- All the way!" We shouted over the loud yells of the arena. "Why are all their heads pink?" Coach said confused as we watched the Iceland players chant. "To get in the game spirit, of course." I said like it was obviously and Aspen hid her laugh. "I'm gonna act like I don't know that you guys were the ones behind that. Get out there, team!"

We all skated out and Aspen and I did our little handshake we do before and after each game. "Kick ass." I slapped the top of her helmet. "Go steal that puck, Bandit." She returned the favor and we skated to our positions.

I've got the opening face off, great.

I was met with the lovely faced, and pink headed, Gunnar Stahl. "Well look who it is." He sneered adjusting his helmet. "Anderson."

"Hello there, asswipe. How's the hair holding up? I know the first time dying it could be scary." I smirked before the ref dropped the puck. "May the best team win." Gunnar growled going to get the puck.

Aspen came up and knocked him down. I grabbed the puck and skated towards the goal, I spun around the goal and shot it in. "Yeah that's why we're in the lead." I winked skating past the boy.

-

One of the Iceland players tried hurt Adam's arm, causing him to get sent to the penalty box. Then another one tried injure me by slamming me into the glass, specifically my head. He succeeded, and got sent to the box. "Two minutes, well worth it." He snarled getting pushed into the box.

I groaned getting up and skating towards the player. Aspen held me back while I yelled at him. The ref had to pull me back before giving me a warning. "Yeah, yeah." I waved my hand before skating back to the bench.

Once his time was up I begged coach to let me and Aspen on. "Alright fine, don't get kicked out of the game please." He sighed after he saw our smirks. "No promises!"

I skated up to him and he went to turn around, but Aspen skated up behind him so he couldn't move. "Hello there." She smiled sweetly. "Your skates untied. Don't want any injuries." She nodded down to the boys skates. "Huh? I could've sworn-" He looked down and I lifted up my stick and slipped it under his feet. He slipped and the ref blew the whistle.

"Muscle spasms." I shrugged as the ref made his way over. "They're contagious, y'know?" Aspen smirked repeating what I did as soon as the boy stood up. "Ow."

"Anderson, Johnson, two minutes." The ref came up and waved us over to the box. Aspen and I looked at each other, holding back our laughs.

"Two minutes-"

"-well worth it."

-

"How's your arm?" I asked Adam after getting out of the penalty box and sent back to the bench. "Huh?" He looked taken aback that I was even looking in his direction. "Are you deaf, dipshit? I asked how your arm was."

"Oh, ya it's fine. How 'bout your head? It looked like a pretty hard hit." He kept the conversation going, surprised I wasn't throwing insults or threats at him. "Yeah, it was. I'm all good, though." I shrugged grabbing my water bottle and slouching against the wall behind the bench.

"Why'd you ask, anyway?- Not that I mind. I just didn't think you cared." He looked back at me and he looked a little upset. "I don't!" I said quickly and defensively while he lowered his head. I almost felt bad before I remembered why I was mad at him.

"I was only asking because, as much as I hate to admit it, we need you to win." I simply stated before I got sent back out onto the ice leaving him there. Little did I know he was just happy to have me acknowledge him with out threatening to rip his head off in his sleep.

-

I think Aspen and I have been sent to the penalty box one too many times because coach called us off. "If you pull shit like that one more time, I'm taking you both off for the rest of the game. God, I'm surprised they haven't taken you out of the game yet." Bombay seethed as we sat ourselves on the bench.

Emily was pouting on the corner on the floor since she can't play, and Russ was talking to his brother and his friends through the glass.

"To be honest, we are too." Aspen piped up and I nodded in agreement. "This is a new record, coach!" I smiled excitedly and it dropped when he gave me a warning look.

Aspen and I stomped to the beat of 'We Will Rock You' By Queen along with everyone in the crowd, annoying Coach more than ever, occasionally yelling insults to Iceland players as the skated by. "Boo!" Aspen shouted, still stomping her feet. "You suck!" I yelled nodding my head to the beat of the stomping of my, and the thousands of feet in the arena.

"Is that all you got?" An Iceland player scowled skating up to the bench. "No." Aspen scoffed before she looked at me with a sly smile.

"Ekki sóa tíma þínum í þessa litlu tík." Another Iceland player came up to the bench trying to get his friend away. [Don't waist your time on this little bitch- Icelandic]

Aspen turned to me with a confused look on her face after she saw me smile. "Litla tík? Við sjáum hver tíkin er þegar ég sparka í rassinn á ísinn á þér!" I yelled at the two boys who started to skate away but quickly turned around after hearing me. "Did you just-" One of them started before I cut them off. [Little bitch? We'll see who's the bitch when I kick your ass on the ice, dickhead!- Icelandic]

"Talar þú íslensku? Já ég gerði. Sjáumst strákar úti á ísnum." I smiled sweetly before they turned to each other startled and skated away. "Holy shit! How the hell did you do that?" Aspen exclaimed shaking my shoulders. "When your not aloud to play hockey for over three weeks, you find some stuff to do." I shrugged before we continued to stop our feet to the never ending song. [Speak Icelandic? Yes, I did. See you guys out on the ice.- Icelandic]

"Let's just say I'm now semi-fluent in French, Icelandic, and Russian." I said and she looked at me shocked. "Awesome!"

Aspen and I looked over to the penalty box and we saw Ken getting pushed inside. "No way!" Aspens mouth dropped and I laughed.

"Holy shit! Yeah Kenny! That's it!" I ruffled his hair over the glass.

-

"Hey!" I yelled from the bench after that weirdo Iceland dude slammed Connie into the boards. "Call something you bozos!" I shouted the refs. "You pig!" Aspen growled while Coach grabbed the back of our jerseys to keep us in the bench. "We talked about this guys. We stay on the bench unless I say otherwise. You can't just go and attack other players because they're playing the game."

"Says who?" I asked sassily turning around. "Says me!" Coach fumed glaring in my direction. "And that's supposed to mean something to me?" I questioned and he sighed putting a hand to his face. "You need to let some anger out, you're on next."

-
two more chapters after this and then book 2 is done!