Not Family

"Hey, Scarlett. I wanted to stop and see you before I practiced with the team." Coach smiled walking into the room with my parents and siblings. "Practice?" I said tiredly waking up from my nap. The doctors gave me pain medicine because the pain started to kick in and it made me tired.

"Coach, practice is a little much. It's like almost twelve a.m. Give them a break."

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine." He waved it off and I sighed. "I'm sorry. It was my fault for being involved with fighting Emily and then they went after me and Aspen."

"It's not your fault, Scarlett. Wait, what does Emily have to do with this?" He questioned confused. "She's an Iceland girl. We put out a fake book of plays that she thought was real and then she took it to Stansson." I explained and he stood there shocked.

"I'll have a look into it. Thank you."

"Gordon, I think it's time to tell her." My mom spoke up and I grew a confused feeling. This doesn't sound too good. "Don't you think it'd be a lot in one night?" Bombay asked and she shook her head. "We've gotta tell her sooner or later."

-

"Funny joke." I let out a laugh at the news I was just given. "Take this seriously, Scarlett." My mom said sternly.

My mom had just told me my father is not my actual father. My father is Bombay. She explained that she wasn't planning on telling me, but when she found out he was my coach she thought it'd be appropriate to tell me.

She confessed to having an affair with Bombay while she worked at the law firm. She had already had my sister and brother and wasn't planning on having any other children. She found out she was pregnant with me and played it off like I was my fathers.

So my father, my siblings, and I all found out this news together. While my siblings were shocked, they could care less. My father and I were both shocked and hurt. How could a she keep this from him? And me?

I was a mistake, a result from an affair, something that absolutely nobody wanted.

"Sounds like something you would do." I spat making her glare at me. My dad was upset, I don't blame him. She kept that from him for thirteen years. My siblings stood there with open mouths unable to say anything.

I was on the verge of happy tears, but I was also upset. I mean my family has their good moments, I guess. "I'm only assuming you told me this so you can get me out of the house. One less person you have to pretend to care for."

"That's not true!" My mother protested grabbing my hand. "Don't touch me." I pulled my hand away. "Just...just leave. All of you please. I just need time to process everything." I took a deep breath while they stepped out.

My mom, my so called dad, and my siblings went back to their hotel near by and Coach went to practice with the team.

I felt like crying, but I couldn't. I really tried to, it just wouldn't come out.

The doctor told me he'd recommend me staying over night since the news I just received is not helping with my pain. I agreed and they let me change and get more blankets.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I stayed up all night. Just think it about everything. I don't really know how to feel right now.

I'm partly happy because my family never really truly cared, but they were still there for me when I needed them. Did my mom feel bad? Oh, who am I kidding, she didn't even want me.

Around two a.m Aspen came to visit. "Hi, my love." She whispered tiredly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, you look like hell though." I laughed dryly and she nodded. "Just got done with a two and a half hour practice. Coach is gonna talk to Emily about the whole thing, he told me to tell you. But he can't get rid of her mid competition, something with the rules. I think it's bullshit, but I'm too tired to say anything."

"Yeah, me too."

I then told her about everything that happened with my family. She felt horrible and eventually feel asleep on the lounge chair next to my bed.

-
short chapter before things go to hell more than they already are!

sorry in advance...