The Book

Being a teenage girl, I had to tell my friends right away. "So.." I sighed looking at the three girls for advice or even a response. "Holy shit, dude. Go for it. That'd be the best comeback, like, ever." Aspen jumped up excitedly. "Yeah, I'd love to see the look on Bank's face when you walk in all flirty with Larson." Julie agreed picking up a magazine from the lounge table.

"Especially because they're enemies or whatever, but also used to be best friends. That's basically putting getting with his best friend and enemy together. I'm all in." Connie piped in making us all look at her in shock. "Wow. I didn't think you'd be one for a revenge plan like this."

"Don't underestimate me. I was actually planning a lot worse in my head, but this'll work too, I guess." She shrugged and we all sat there with our mouths open.

-

"Ah! The Gods are on our side!" Aspen clapped jumping up and down while skipping into my dorm. Alex was hanging out with Luis, the two got along quite well. I decided to hang out with Connie and Julie, but Aspen ran off. Now she's back, with good news apparently.

"Adam can't play because of his wrist! If that's not karma, I don't know what is." Aspen smiled jumping next to us onto the bed. "That's not something to celebrate." Connie lightly smacked the back of the girls arm.

"He can't play. That's two of our best, injured." Connie sighed worriedly. "I mean, we can always celebrate until we have to face the fact he can't actually play." Julie suggested making Aspen nod.

"We are so massively screwed." I groaned falling back onto the bed.

-

"Heard big bad Banksie can't play. What ever are we to do now." Alex joked walking into the dorm. "We're doomed." I rolled my eyes sarcastically while going through my suit case for stuff to do. It can be incredibly boring sitting in a dorm when you have days off. "Damn it. Aspen left her book here I gotta get it back to her. She's probably loosing her shit looking for it." I grabbed the book and walked out of the dorm.

The book wasn't any normal book, it was the book. Aspen has insults of literally everyone you could think of in this book. We each have one, I made mine and that got Aspen in the spirit to make her own. We made them at camp, Connie wasn't up for the idea.

"What if they find it?" She said worriedly. "They won't, Con. It's our book, that's the point. It's so no one will find it." Aspen tried and tried to convince the girl but every time it was always, "No."

I knocked on the dorm door, and Aspen quickly opened the door before I got a chance to knock a second time. "Scarlett! The book, I-"

"I got it. Calm down." I laughed at her nervous state and she sighed grabbing the book. "Thank you. Oh my God!" She pulled me into the tightest hug I think I've ever received. "Ow. Ouch. Okay, that's enough." I took a deep breath trying to breathe in as much air as possible. "Oops. Well, gotta get back to the hell hole with the devil herself. See ya." She smiled and shut the door.

-

"Heard about your wrist. Must suck." I said sarcastically as Adam walked into the lounge. The whole team was just sitting around until coach got us for practice. "Listen, you don't understand." He started making me scoff. "I don't understand? Adam, I'm benched for I don't even know how long for a concussion. I understand."

"You don't have it as bad-"

"I'm not one to compare situations, but I think I may have it just a bit more bad." I laughed dryly thinking about our situations in my head.

Sure, it sucks for Adam that he got hurt, but we're pretty much in the same boat. I mean, if you don't count the whole dad and cheating situations.

"The scouts are here to watch me, and my dad. This is my shot." Adam threw his hands up and waved them all over while he talked. "The scouts aren't here to watch just you, Adam. You are not the only one on the team." I corrected him and he rolled his eyes. "It seems like it sometimes." He muttered and I don't think I was supposed to hear it.

"Are you kidding me? Adam, you don't even make up five percent of this team. Sure, back home you were 'all that', but out here there's people that can crush you with out even blinking. And seems as if they're already starting." I finished, nodding towards his arm which was in a sling.

"You're in no place to tell me, look at you." He motioned to my head and I sighed. "Yeah, look at me. I've got a fake dad, a whore of a mother, two asshole siblings who couldn't give two shits about me, and a boyfriend who doesn't know how to handle a relationship...Look, I'm just trying to tell you their game."

"Like you'd know." He spat making me lift my hand up and smack him. Gasps from the team could be heard as all their heads snapped over to us. "I know a lot more than you think." I sneered pushing past him to get a head start to practice.

-

Me and Charlie were talking about how we have a missing player. We need someone to fill the spot before our next game."I don't know, I can't think of anyone." He sighed putting his head in his hands.

I stood the in the empty locker room, except for me and Charlie, and thought about who could fill Adam's spot. We have a game soon, so no one would be able to fly out on time.

I was skimming through possible options in my head when I stopped suddenly.

"Wait- what about Russ? With his knuckle-puck, I mean, it's perfect." I piped up remembering the boys awesome tricks, "Scarlett, you're amazing! Come on, let's go." He pulled me out of the door.

-

"Hey, Coach. Y'know with that missing player slot, and Banks being out at all. Scarlett did some recruiting, and...Come on in!" Charlie yelled to the boy who was standing outside. "Coach, meet Russ Tyler." I gestured to the boy who said his hellos but Coach didn't look the happiest.

Then, I remembered Russ at all our earlier games, yelling insults from the stands. "He's good coach, like really good. You know I wouldn't of brought him here if he wasn't." I spoke up trying to convince him. "Yeah, she's right." Charlie nodded in agreement.

"Well Russ, what can you do for the team?"

"You never heard of my knuckle-puck?" Russ asked making coach's eye brows furrow. "Uh, no." He spoke slowly, shaking his head. The three of us smiled at each other and next thing you know, Russ Tyler is team USAs newest recruit.

-
school starts tomorrow, im crying.

i hate school.