Part One: Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

He began walking to her, at which she swallowed and stuffed the rest of the donut in her mouth by the time he reached her. His expression was flat. "Really?"

She smiled, swallowing the rest of the donut, wiping her mouth with the back of her sleeve. He sighed, stomping his foot, like a child throwing a tantrum. "Come on, I was hungry." He whined.

"Sucks to suck." She said, yawning.

"I'll make you suck." He mumbled, walking to the door. "See you later." He said, giving her a glare before slamming the door behind him. She chuckled to herself.

~
"And then I woke up." She said, taking a sip from her glass of water. She didn't want to drink everyday, so she was trying something new. Drinking water like a normal person. "Hold on, go back." Frankie said, setting down her glass and leaning over herself. "You and Negan almost had sex? You took my advice!"

"No- it was in the heat of the moment. Can we focus on my dream?"

"No." Frankie said, dismissing (Y/N)'s last sentence. "There's so much obvious sexual tension between the two of you, please." She said, leaning in and saying 'sexual tension' in a quieter voice. (Y/N) didn't care who heard, and since it was only 8 or 9 AM, only Syndey was around, reading a magazine on the other couch. She didn't seem to be eavsdropping, but you never know. "Just do it. You'll feel a sense of power over him once you do." Frankie said, giving her a sly smile. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"And that applies to you as well, I'm assuming?"

"You know how easy it would be to stab his fucking eyes out while he's passed out after fucking?" Frankie said more than asked, which surprised (Y/N). Frankie wasn't very vulgar, and it surprised her to hear Frankie cursing twice in a sentence. She had heard Frankie cuss before, of course, but it always still surprised her. Frankie seemed like she would have been a goody-two shoes before all this happend. "God, I should." Frankie said, huffing and leaning back, looking at the ground wide wide-ish eyes.

(Y/N) let out a dry laugh, her shoulders bouncing. "Maybe I should."

"We all should." Frankie sighed longingly.

(Y/N) sighed with her, then stood up, brushing herself off. "I'm going to go bother Dwight or someone into giving me a gun." She told Frankie, nodding to her and walking to the door.

"Good luck!" Frankie called as (Y/N) closed the door behind her, shaking her head and smiling to herself.

~
"Dwight!" She called out in the halls. Dwight slowly turned around, his eyebrow and half-eyebrow pressed down flat. "Go. Away. I'm on guard duy and I'm not getting in trouble for you."

"You say that like I like you." She said, yawning. She leaned against his shoulder, but he brushed her off, ignoring her, and looked out passed the gate.

"Then why the hell are you bothering me?" He asked, annoyance in his tone. Clearly someone was still upset about yesterday.

"Because I want your gun." She said, an innocent smile on her face.

"Are you fucking mad? Negan would kill me slowly if I gave you a gun, you small maniac."

"Oh, come on. I'm not going to shoot anyone, I just want one. To hold. It's weird not having any weapons for so long. But then again, you wouldn't know..." She said, narrowing her eyes at the sight of Daryl's crossbow in his hands. Dwight side-eyed her and stepped away.

"Leave me alone, (Y/N)."

"Fine, I'll just go steal one. Stay mad, Dwight." She said, flipping him off over her shoulder as she walked back into the Sancturary. New plan - find Daryl. This could be their chance. She was sure of it, while things were good with Negan, she could make her way out. Her and Daryl. Someone they could slip in and out. She was sure of it.

~
She could hear the music bouncing off the halls, so she pressed her hands over her ears as she walked, visible anger growing on her face as she got closer. She assumed their cells were close together, since it was just as loud for her. Maybe hers was on one side and his was on the other side of the wall. Tapping on each door with her kunckle, she was surprised when a door pushed open with ease. The music increased by a lot when the door was fully open.

She saw the stereo in a neat room, a room that definetly had someone living in there. The bed was made neately and everything inside seemed to be pretty clean, except for some clothes scattered on the floor and draped over a chair. She hurried in, twisting the knobs on the sterio hastily until it stopped. She let out a sharp exhale, hoping no one would notice the sudden noise change.

Whipping around, she bolted out the door, she expected that it would be the door directly in front of her. She stepped to it, pressing an ear against the door. There was no sound, so she spoke out. "D-Daryl?"

No answer, but she heard feet shuffle.

"...(Y/N)?"

It was him. Her heart raced. "Daryl, I'm going to get you out of there, okay? Don't worry, I-" She pulled at the knob, realizing it was locked, and she didn't have the key. "Fuck." She mumbled to herself.

"Go away."

"W-What?"

"I said, go away, (Y/N)."

"Shut the hell up, Daryl." She said, her voice cracking. "I'm going to get you out."

"(Y/N)." His voice was serious, and close. He pressed himself against the door, he really wanted her to hear him. "Go, okay? By yourself."

"Daryl, I'm not going to-"

"Goddamnit it, (Y/N). Go!" He yelled, shocking her for a second. "I'm not worth the trouble." He said, his voice calmer. He took a long, deep breath. "Look, Judith, Carl, and your dad need you right now. Not me. Just go, (Y/N)."

"I love you, Daryl..." She mumbled, pressing her forehead against the door. She could feel him slid down the door on the other side.

"I love you too, (Y/N). Go left, keep going left, there's a door that leads to some motorcycles. You can get out that way."

Platonic, of course, (Y/N) turned away from her best friend, wiping the small tears that threatened to spill over. She kept to the left, as he told her to, and she found the door easily. Peeking outside the small window, she saw no one, except for Joey. Fat Joey.

It wasn't as if it was in the spur of a moment type of thing. She had been wanting to get on Negan's good side, then easily slip away. This was and might be her only chance, and she took it.

She sighed, leaning against the door for a second. She didn't have any weapons, so she would probably have to sneak passed him. It was now or never. She watched him walk across the lot, sitting down in a chair, a sandwhich in hand. She waited, watching him slowly doze off. She kept looking around, darting her head between him and the empty hall, expecting someone to show up. No one did.

She slowly pushed the door open, pausing, not moving an inch when the door creaked. Fat Joey didn't stir, so she took her moment, quickly darting the rest of the way out of the door, running crouched down to behind a truck. She let out a quick pant, glancing back at Fat Joey, who was still asleep in the same position. She glanced at the motorcycles, but decided against it. Sure, Daryl taught her how to ride, but it was too noisy, far too noisy for someone without a weapon. Seeing no other option, she looked over at the open fence gate, no guards around, and she took her moment.

She didn't look back as she began running, and she kept running until she saw a nearby old cafe. She darted inside, rummaging through anything and everything. She only looked back when she heard a car door slam outside.