"No." Jungkook laid down at his former place "Five more minutes before I go home. Let me hug you first." Then he engulfed Lisa in a hug "Congrats again my pretty valedictorian."

Lisa closed her eyes, feeling the warmth from Jungkook's hug "Thank you, J. I should be happy right? But why do I feel this way?"

The next thing Jungkook knew, Lisa was already sobbing against his chest.

"It hurts seeing her with him. It's tormenting me every day because I always think about what they were doing there. It hurts like a bitch. The person I love already belongs to someone else. The person I love can't even acknowledge my feelings for her."

Jungkook tightened his hug to her and said "I wish I could do something to make you feel better but let me just hug you and let you know that no matter what, your Jungkook is here for you."

They stayed in that position for five minutes more. Jungkook forgot his need to go home for his own party. His Lisa needs him more.

"You need to go home now, J." Lisa freed herself from the hug and sat up

Jungkook also sat up "I'll be back, okay? I'll just talk to the other guests then I'll go back here. I know you're not comfortable with them being in the same room." He wiped the remaining tears from Lisa's cheeks "Everything will be fine. She'll soon realize what she's missing."

Lisa looked at Jungkook's face "You think she will?'

Jungkook smiled, showing his perfect pearl-like teeth "Yes, I won't do our deal if I'm not sure." He cupped Lisa's face and kissed her forehead

"Lisa, everything is ready for your par..."

The two jumped away from each other looking everywhere but at the girl who just barged into the room.

"Did I come at the wrong time?" Jennie asked, looking not so pleased with the thing she just saw "Were you crying, Lisa?"

"She was. She was telling me how disappointed she was because you missed when she was accepting her diploma." Jungkook shot a look at Lisa saying 'Just trust me'.

"I'm sorry about that, Lisa." Jennie apologized again "Kai was being a lazy ass, I had a hard time waking him up." She explained

The hurt was visible in Lisa's eyes. It was because of Kai why her best friend missed one of the important events in her life.

"Babe, I'll leave now. I'll be back, okay?" Then he kissed Lisa on the lips, yes, on the lips

Lisa was taken aback and couldn't utter a word. Her first kiss was stolen by Jungkook.

"Make her feel bad for doing that." He whispered before standing up "Goodbye, Jennie." Then he closed the door, leaving the two

Jennie just stood there, dazed by what she just witnessed. Someone kissed her best friend in front of her. Slowly, the reality sinks into her that Lisa has another person in her life.

"Is this how you felt when I introduced Kai to you? Do you also feel troubled? Why do I feel like someone's replacing me in your life?"

"Are you still upset?" Jennie finally had the courage to say "I didn't mean to be late, you know how important you are to me." She sat next to her best friend

"And yet you were late. You couldn't even send me a message that you'll be late or even an advance congratulation. I was expecting that you'll do the same thing I did when you graduated because you promised me."

"Congrats, my Nini." Lisa came to Jennie's house before the sun could even say hi "For you." She gave a simple bouquet of violet and white hyacinth she made by herself "I know you love that flower since it's your birthday month's flower."

"My Lisa is the sweetest. Hug me. Thank you so much for this." She spread her arms for Lisa to hug her

"Anything for my best friend. Congrats again, Nini." Lisa wrapped her arms around Jennie's torso

Jennie did the same by wrapping her arms around Lisa "I promise that I'll make it up to your graduation."

"I already forgot about that, Lisa. Forgive me." She tried to reach for Lisa's hand but the latter pulled her hand

"Is it because of him again?" Lisa finally found the perfect time to let go of her resentments towards her best friend "I'm happy for you, Jen. That's true. I'm genuinely happy for you because you found someone who truly loves you and I'm not competing for your time and attention, all I need is your presence. Make me feel that you're still my best friend. You know how I value promises and yet you couldn't even remember that little promise you made."

"I'm still your best friend, again, I'm sorry for my shortcomings towards you. I'm a college student, I have more responsibilities now, which means I have so much in my mind. I'm still your best friend. I feel so bad right now for doing this to you."

Lisa finally looked at Jennie "If you're still my best friend, don't neglect me again. Act like my best friend because I couldn't find another best friend like you."

Jennie threw herself to her best friend "I will. You forgive me now?"

"Yes but please don't do that again."

~~

-Justine