22

I winced as I walked out of the school. The bright sunlight hurting my eyes. Sure it feels nice to be out of the school, but the sunlight does hurt your eyes after being in a building for many hours of the day. I looked around the parking lot, trying to find Jessie. That's when I saw her standing on the driver's side of what I think is her car. I started to walk that way. "Bye, AJ. See you tomorrow." Rosie's voice said.

I looked her way before I walking to Jessie's car. "Who was that?" Jessie asked me as I got to the passenger door. "Her name's Rosie. She sat with me at lunch. She claims to be my new best friend." I answered I as pulled the door open. I climbed in, putting my backpack down on the floor. I closed the door and put my seatbelt on. 

"Oh, just to let you know...I feed Marvel lunch like you had asked me to. Two mealworms and I made sure that his cage was clean for you." Jessie said. I looked at her as she started the car. "You didn't have to clean his cage," I said as she drove away from the house. "No, it's fine. I don't mind at all." Jessie answered. I nodded my head as I looked out the window. 

"So, Blaine called me. He told me that he will not be home until later tonight when you are in bed. He has to be at the club with Don E." Jessie said. I nodded my head, knowing that Blaine hasn't been able to work since he took me in. I sighed as I looked at Jessie then back out the window. 

===============================================

After I finished, my mythology and forensic science homework it was late and time for supper. Jessie had made me a sliced ham and cheddar cheese sandwich. Since I had brains for breakfast, I did not have to worry about it that meal. I'm now making my way up to my room. I have to feed Marvel and I am probably going to spend the rest of the afternoon in my room. I walked into my room and right over to Marvel's cage. 

I opened the top of the cage before I grabbed the top container of mealworms. I opened the top of the container. I looked at Marvel to see that he is already, waiting for me to feed him. I smiled at him before feeding him two mealworms. I closed the container and then the cage. 

I put the container down on the shelf before I sat down at my desk. I closed the text book that I had open. I put it in my backpack before I opened up my at home sketchbook. I looked at Marvel to see that he is walked up to the platform that is in his cage. I smiled at him before I grabbed a pencil and started to draw. Trying to get my mind off the fact that I am home alone with Jessie and no one else. I guess I should get used to being alone with Jessie. 

*Blaine's View*

I walked into the house, closing the door behind me. I looked around the house to see if I could see Annabell, which I do hope she's in bed since it is midnight. I looked to find Jessie sitting on the couch with a book in her lap. I walked past her and went over to the stairs cash. To bad I was not able to be here when she got home from school. 

If only the people who are claiming to be her parents did not have to stop by the furneal home. Sure, they went there one day when Annabell was there with me...but this time they had court papers. Sadly, they are making me to court to get custody over Annabell. Sure, she hasn't been in my care for that long, but she has been in my care longer than in her so called birth parents care. I mean, are they even her real parents? What proof do they have on being her real parents. I broke out of my thoughts about the now up coming trail when I saw the light in Annabell's room still on and the door  open. 

I raced over to the door, still worried that Mr. Boss will try to take her from me again. I let out a breath of relief when I saw that she was safe and fast asleep at her desk. Marvel, her bearded dragon is laying down on the platform in his cage. I walked into the room and over to Annabell. I carefully picked her up. The second she was in my arms, she put her head on my shoulder. A small smile spread across my face as I saw her sketchbook. My smile grew as I saw the picture she drew. 

I rubbed Annabell's back before walking over to her bed

I rubbed Annabell's back before walking over to her bed. How did I get stuck with this amazing talented kid? I guess it's just luck. I balanced her in one arm before I pulled the sheets back with my free hand. I carefully laid her down and pulled the sheets over her body. I just hope that the judge and jury let her stay in my custody. 

With her in my life, I feel like a better man. I feel like I have changed so much and I have. I mean, I haven't killed anyone in a very long time....I guess that is a plus. I just need to find people that will agree with me that Annabell should stay in my custody.