Chapter one: Despair, L. O. V. E., Hope and HATE.

Smoke is seen rising up into the air as a boy watches his parents be ripped to shreds by two Beowulves, first were their arms as the flesh and bones were ripped from their bodies with the beasts wretched fangs covered in the crimson liquid as blood was sprayed onto the ground and the boys petrified, tear stained face, as the Grimm took their time feasting on the upper limbs, next were their legs as they were torn off as even more blood was sprayed into the air and on the ground, the Beowulf that was feasting on the father decided that it was done with it's meal as it set it's sight on the terrified boy, it stared down it's prey as it sensed the numerous negative emotions within him, it then pounced upon him as the boy thrashed about trying to escape, the Grimm than slashed the boys face, giving him two scars, one going down from the bottom of his left eye and one going up from the top of his right eye, the Grimm than stabbed the boys left eye, causing irreparable damage to it as the boy screamed in agony as the creature than pulled it's now bloody claw out of the bloody eye socket, it then stabbed the boys hands as the boy continued to scream in anguish, he than looked on in shock as the Grimm turned to dust in front of him as he saw a woman with bushy black hair wearing a Grimm mask as she sheathed her crimson blade, than, with the quick un-sheathing and re-sheathing of her blade, she sliced the Grimm that was feasting on the boys mother to pieces, the woman then turned to the boy as she took off her mask, revealing her crimson eyes as she spoke to the boy.

Mysterious Woman: "hey kid, are you alright?"

The boy stayed silent, still trying to process what just happened, the woman grew irritated by this as she spoke a little louder this time, however she than noticed the colour of the boys remaining right eye, which was silver as a thought ran through her head before speaking.

Mysterious Woman: "(so he's like Summer and Ruby huh, no wonder the Grimm attacked his family, it was because of her) hey kid, Are you alright!"

The womans slightly louder voice brought the boy out of his shock as he looked at the woman with his remaining right eye while speaking in a shaky voice.

Boy: "h-huh, y-yeah, I-I'm fine, b-but my parents are---"

Mysterious Woman: "dead? yeah I saw, those damned things ripped 'em apart... hey, how would you like to come live with me and my tribe?"

Boy: "At least it's better than dying out here to a Grimm, w-what's your name?"

Mysterious Woman: "Raven, Raven Branwen, what's yours?"

Boy: "my name is, WingDing Gaster, but I preferred to be called by my last name"

Raven than helped Gaster off of the ground as he looked at his parents bodies in sadness as he spoke to Raven again.

Gaster: "can I, give my parents a proper burial?"

Raven nodded as Gaster went about picking up the pieces as he than made two make shift graves that he buried them in, he cried silently as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, he than felt a hand be placed on his shoulder as he looked behind him to see that it was Raven as she spoke.

Raven: "Take as much time as you need, and if it makes you feel any better I know how you feel, my original tribe, the one I was born into was attacked by Grimm in the middle of the night, I saw my parents be killed right in front of me and my twin brother Qrow, me and my brother were the only two that survived, just know that if you ever need to talk, me and my tribe will be here for you to let it all out"

The two stayed there as after a few minutes, Gaster wiped his tears away and folded his hands behind his back as he spoke in a monotone voice.

Gaster: "is there a way for us to get to the camp before night fall?"