Brother

CHAPTER 02

Shooting stars never fly for me

My hearts on mars kinda hard to see

But you know, you know i'll see you again

You know, you know i'll see you again

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''Aria?''

The sound of his voice felt so surreal, so surreal I had to slightly pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I could hear his footsteps growing closer and the presence of someone behind me, I could hear his breaths becoming louder and louder with every step I took. Until I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck, I hesitantly dropped my hands to my sides practically forcing myself to turn around. This was the moment I had been waiting for since I was 12. Waiting since I was dragged from my home, my safe place against my will.

And there he was, my own brother in the flesh and blood.

John B Routledge

His mouth fell open at the sight of me, I could feel the heat begin to prickle in my eyes as I tried to find words for this moment. Silence had never been so loud, He reached out to touch my cheek, feeling his warmth made me feel safe again. I know this was against my mothers wishes and rules but she couldn't expect me to ignore my own brother. Without hesitation he grabbed me softly pulling me into a huge bear hug. Oh how I have longed for one of these. I cried into his chest, while he played with my hair. The sound of the waves crashing against the sore only made this moment more special.

''I- I am so sorry Ria im so sorry,'' Hearing call me by my nickname only made me feel more at home, I began to shake my head lifting it up. I stared straight into his eyes trying to read his thoughts. He was fairly the same, his eyes brown like mine, he had inheriited our fathers brown hair where I took after my mother with the flaming red hair.

''None of it was your fault, not dad's not mine not yours,'' He looked relieved to even see my face again. I felt my heart sink at my brother feeling as though he was to blame, like her tore our family apart. But in reality the only one to blame was my mother.

''Your back, why are you back?''

''Mum said something about a job opportunity with the Cameron's, lets just say she would kill me if she saw me right now,'' I chuckled, a large grin pulled at the ends of his lips. We slightly pulled away from our hug. He turned around and whistled, 3 heads popped out from behind a tree, I raised my eyebrow in question

''You did not make your friends hide behind a tree,''

''Well I thought if all 3 of us came at you, you would run,'' he shrugged, he wasn't wrong if im honest.

Out popped a girl who had crazy frizzy hair, somehow it suited her, not to mention how incredible she looked in her jean shorts and orange tank top. Straight after a boy emerged from behind her, I knew his exact identity straight away, he was a Heyward. I recall meeting him when I was younger at his family fish shop, dad used to love it there, when we had the money. Lastly out popped a face no one could forget. But im not gonna beat around the bush the cute little blonde I remember had changed, his hair was even lighter but messier. He had swim trunks on along with a printed tee. As if JJ Maybank stood infront of me.