Though she answered his question in her mind.... but by her frown which was disguised as an awkward calmness already gave an answer to Shaurya. He clearly figured out that she wasn't in a mood to talk. Grabbing the tea pan from her hands he told her plainly,

"Today I'll make the tea for you all..."

She paused for a moment not sure she heard him right then. When their gazes met he offered her a tight lipped smiled apologetically causing her to look at him dumbfounded. She again mentally questioned herself,
"Is this his way to apologize or he just wants to advertise and show off his culinary art to me?.....
My God! He's really unpredictable... uff!"

"No it's fine I'll make it myself, give that back."

And guess what his time he ignored her and started pouring water in the pan after putting it against the stove.

"Umm ... Are you making for the neighbors too?"

Seeing so much water in the vessel, she had to comment even though she didn't want to.
Giving her an apologetic look he took out some water from it....

"Now?"

"It's still too much for two people.... By the way only Dadi and Jiju will have so put the other ingredients accordingly."

She told him this while taking out some water from the pan herself. And with this she started going out of the kitchen remembering her pledge which she took to herself a while ago.

"Hey! Who will help me with the other things?"

He called her from behind. She turned around and told him plainly

"Everything is kept there in the first rack..."

"Umm! Actually I'm not used to doing these things myself....
Moreover, I always get confused with the measurements of the ingredients to be put so if you...."

He told her this simply while scratching the back of his neck. Though his tone was still calm, but it was not hard to tell that he was a little embarrassed. At then seeing and hearing this she wanted to laugh out loud but anyhow she tried hard to stifle her laughter inside herself. She again mentally questioned him,
"If so, then who told you to act smart?"

At then suddenly the little voice inside her head chided her,
"You can't get carried away with his these useless words...
Don't forget that you're angry with him. Keep your pledge in your mind." So eyeing him plainly and folding her hands to her chest she made her way to the place where she was standing originally.
He kept on putting the same quantity of ginger, tea leaves and sugar in the vessel as she told. While she started rinsing some used utensils which were lying in the sink.

"Now where's the milk?"

She motioned her finger towards the fridge after hearing him without even looking at his direction. He went and took out. As soon as he was about to pour, she comes from behind and held his arm to stop him.

"Hey! Wait!.... Do you even have an idea what are you going to pour?
This isn't milk, it's unsalted buttermilk."

She uttered these words slightly loudly and displeasingly. His nonchalant action fuelled her irritation.