Chapter Twenty

Loki's POV

Its been a long, silent week. Natalia shows no signs of waking and no one seems to know how to. Thanos is coming soon, she has to wake before he arrives. I can't fight knowing she is here and defenseless. She grows very hot sometimes but I can quickly cool her down. I haven't left her side since this whole thing started. My rage has grown. That director did this to her, I will kill him! Why am I even helping this planet? What have they done for Asgard or I!?

I sigh knowing I'm doing it for my past. I made a mistake, I have to clean it up. Natalia would want me too. I brush a stray hair from her face. She never deserved any of this. I take her hand and press it to my face, just to feel her touch. Her hand suddenly strokes my cheek and I look over to see Natalia's brilliant blue eyes open.

"You're awake!" I say and grab her hands in mine.

"Yes, how long was I out?" She asks softly.

"A little more than a week," I say.

I help her sit up against her pillows. She lets out a deep breath and plays with the ends of her hair.

"Where you here the entire time?" She asks.

"Yes. I had to make sure you would be okay," I tell her.

"You didn't gave to," She grabs my collar and kisses me, "but thank you."

"Anytime love," I say and kiss her again. I missed this, her touch and kiss, all of it.

We break apart and Natalia swings her legs over the bed. I hold out my hand and help her to stand. She tries to take a step before her legs give out, but I catch her before she hits the ground. Natalia blushes. I help her and put my hand on her hip to guide her. Natalia blushes even deeper. I lead her to the window and we walk out onto the terrace.

"Where are we?" Natalia asks in amazement. Night has fallen and the city skyline is lit for miles.

"New York," I say.  

"Its beautiful," She says breathlessly.

"It is, isn't it?" I ask.

A knock sounds at the door and Natasha walks in. Her face turns surprised to see Natalia out of bed.

"Oh, you're awake! I was getting worried," Natasha says, Natalia turns.

"Oh, I'm fine. But thank you for the concern," Natalia says sweetly.

Natasha nods and smiles before looking at me, "I wouldn't normally tell you this, but Stark is forcing everyone to come. Tony's throwing some party for no reason other than the fact his is filthy rich. You won't get any peace so you might as well come. Dress nice! See you two there!"

Natasha strides out the door and I look to Natalia.

"I don't know about this. You could still be unwell," I say.

"I slept for a week. I think I'm alright," She reassures me.

"Fine. Would you like to accompany me to the party?" I ask.

"I would love to. Just let me get changed," She says.

Natalia's POV

I walk into the closet and dresses of all shapes and sizes are here. I guess Tony doesn't have a type. I look over all the dresses. I come across a black, strapless dress that is form fitted with a sweet heart neck line and crystals lining the edges. A bit revealing for Asgardian standards, but I guess Midgard is different.

I slip on the black dress and find some black heels to go with it. I ise my magic and my gold hair goes into soft ringlets. I run a brush through my hair to give it a softer look. I also add some makeup. I have a dark, smokey eye, red lips, and thick lashes. I look okay, I hope it's okay.

I walk out and I see Loki facing a mirror on the other side of the room fixing his outfit. A bit different from Asgard, but different place, different culture I suppose. (Think Tom Hiddleston.)  Loki turns around and his eyes widen when sees me.

"Is this not alright?" I ask softly.

"No its just... you look absolutely stunning," He says, I blush.

"You look nice, yourself," I say and adjust the jacket of his outfit.

"Shall we go?" Loki asks and holds out his arm.

"We shall," I say and loop my hand around his arm.

We leave the room and walk to the elevator. Yes, I know some human technology. We step inside and Loki hits a button that will take us a few floors down. The box starts to drop and my nerves go up. Will everyone like me? Will anything happen? I can't help the worry growing in me.

I feel a hand on mine and look to see Loki smiling down at me. His smile puts some of these nerves at ease.

The elevator stops. Its showtime...

---------------------------------------------

Did someone say update!?

No?

Too bad.