Chapter Fourteen

Loki's POV

Natalia had a knife against my throat, her eyes, blazing fury. I had never seen her so angry. She looks me in the eyes and she hesitates. Her eyes suddenly glaze over and she looks again. She drops the knife and steps back, as if in horror. She looks at me and before I say anything shes ran out the door. I only know of one place she go.

I make my way to the gardens. I go past the many plants and come to the pond her and I love so dearly. She has a cloak on. I step onto the pond and she freezes. She stands, her back to me.

"Please don't come near me. Didn't you see what I had almost done? I ALMOST HURT YOU!!" She yells out.

"I don't know what happened but we can fix it, together." I say and go closer to her.

"Please stay away! I'm- I'm- a freak!" She yells.

"You are in no way a freak. You're my Natalia. Whats wrong to make you think yourself so?" I ask. She lets out a sigh.

"You wouldn't understand. Just, leave. Please," Her voice begging and she pulls the fabric of her cloak closer to her.

"Then help me understand my angel," I continue my slow, cautious, walk towards her.

"Just... STOP!" She yells an a blast of gold ripples under the surface of the water. I freeze in my tracks. I see her breathing quicken.

"Love, calm down. I'm right here. I love you and always will," I say. I feel my voice, slipping into desperation.

"I tried to kill you," She says with a humorless chuckle.

"I don't believe you at fault, love. Thanos had his hold on you for some time. I can't fathom what he's done to you," I reassure her. She shivers.

"This isn't Thanos. What this is, what I am. This isn't normal," She says, her voice breaking.

"Natalia. Nothing in this universe could make me love you any less. I promise," I say and she sighs.

"If you're so sure," She says. She stands and takes off her clock. It drops to the water's surface and she turns.

All of her skin is gold. It has turned a amazing shade of gold. He hair whisping behind her like soft fire. Her eyes glowing as gold as her magic. She's beautiful. The only thing that hurts is the damage I still see behind her gorgeous eyes.

"Why did you never tell me this? You're-" She cuts me off.

"A freak? A monster?" She says with tears in her eyes and looks away.

"Beautiful," I whisper as she whips her head to me. I reach out to touch her but she pulls away.

"I could burn you. My powers run hot," She says. I smile before turning my skin deep blue and my eyes red. She gasps.

"You're like me," and she starts to trace the patters on my face.

"We're freaks together," I say and she laughs.

"Your stunning, Loki. I could never see how you view yourself a freak," She says and looks me in the eye. Her golden eyes searching mine.

"I'm of Frost Giant origin. I'm the- the monster parents tell their children about at night." I whisper and a trail of frost streaks my face. A frozen tear.

"Your no monster. You rule Asgard and do a fantastic job at it as well. You're  an amazing king, Loki. I couldn't ever ask for more," She says sincerely. I cup her face in my hands.

I place my lips gently on hers and the heat of her lips makes my heart feel less cold. She's my warmth, my heat, my light.

My angel...

We pull away and she rests her forehead on mine. The bitter cold of my skin mixes with the searing heat of hers. I couldn't be happier.

She pulls away and looks at me, "So I turn gold, you turn blue, does Jane turn purple?" I laugh.

"I don't think so," I say. She smiles.

"I bet you wish to know what provoked me?" She asks.

"Please." She curls up against me.

"I had a horrible nightmare that Thanos had stabbed you. You die in my arms and he mocked me for it. I woke up in what I though to be a dungeon. Thanos came in and I attacked. He hurt you and I was going to rip him to shreds. I was about to kill him when I looked him in the eyes. I saw your eyes. That soft green. Everything suddenly faltered, like a bad illusion. Thanos was now you and the dungeon was your room. I saw what I almost did and ran. I almost killed you! HE ALMOST MADE ME KILL YOU!!! I WOULD HAVE NEVER FORGAVE MYSELF!!! I WOULD RATHER DIE!!!!" She yells and her skin grows hotter and her eyes glow brighter like fire burning hot.

"You didn't I'm right here! It's fine!" I soothe her.

"NO IT'S NOT!!! I would have killed myself," She says and starts to cry. I pull her to me.

I cup her face looking deep into her damaged eyes, "Don't ever say that again."

"What-"

"You will never take your own life even if you took mine. You deserve much in life and I will never hold you to anything. I love you too much. Promise me you'll never think about doing anything like that again," I command her. I cannot risk her hurting herself.

"I p-promise."

I run my thumb along her cheek, "I couldn't bare to even think of that."

She breaks down under my stare, "I'm so sorry! So, so sorry!" She says in between tears.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Lets turn you back to normal," I say. I wave my hand, her skin turns from gold to pale ivory and her eyes ice blue. I turn myself back to normal.

I pick up her frail figure and whisper soothing things to her to calm her. I walk through the gardens and she soon cries herself to sleep.

I teleport back to my room and place her in the bed. I cast a spell to keep her from having more nightmares. I climb in next to her and fall asleep.

---------------------------------------------

PLOOOOT TWIIIISSSST!!

Yay!