Chapter Nineteen

Loki's POV

"I'm so sorry love," I say as a single tear falls down my cheek. I get no response.

"I-I know I haven't always done the right thing in the past. I know, but why does it all fall on you? I should be the one to get beaten till blue and almost killed. But you take the pain every time. I'm so sorry. I love you to much to see you die like this. Stay with me please. I-I can't live without you!" I say and the tears fall freely.

"You really care about her don't you?" I hear the woman spy ask.

"More than anything," I say softly.

"Look, I know we aren't on the best of terms. But even an idiot could see how much you've changed. I still don't trust you but I'm willing to put it all behind us. I've done things I'm not proud of as well. So lets start over, Hello I'm Natasha," She says and hold out her hand. I shake it.

"Loki," I say and give a small smile. She smiles back and she looks to Natalia.

"What was she like?"

"Amazing, always so kind. She never gave anyone any trouble. Everyone loved her. She dances and even plays an instrument," I say and smile at the memories.

"I only knew her for a short while, but I liked her. She got Stark and Rogers to shut up. That deserves a medal on it's own," She jokes and I chuckle.

"One time an ambassador's daughter was being very rude. Natalia snapped so fast I thought the other girl would soil herself," I say.

"Really? I would pay to see that," Natasha says. I close my eyes and we sit in silence.

"Whats wrong with her arm?" She asks, my eyes fly open and look.

The veins in her arm are pulsing gold like her powers.

"It's her magic. This is strange, its never happened before. I can only hope she's okay," I say.

"I'm sure she's fine. The cage drained her of her magic. It's returning to her. Just have hope," She says and gets up and I grip Natalia's hand tight.

"Hope is all I have left," I whisper to myself.

"Natalia can sleep in my room until she wakes up," Natasha says.

"Thank you," I say and pick up Natalia and follow her. 

She leads me to an evaluator and we go up to her room. We walk down a hallway and Natasha opens a door to her room. It has a large brown bed, a small nightstand, and a window overlooking the city. I place Natalia under the covers gently.

Natasha pushes a button on a small panel and a clear shade covers the window.

"It filters sunlight so it's never too bright," She explains, I only nod.

"I'll leave you alone," She says and starts to walk out.

"Thank you," I say. She turns her head, smiles at me before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

I hold Natalia's hand and feel her pulse. Its still a bit weak but it will get better with time. She just has to wake up. If Thanos comes and we can't stop him, what will happen to Natalia and Asgard? We have to win this war. Midgard and I are not friends but we have a mutual enemy, thats all I need. I sit beside her and watch the sun set. My eyes grow heavy and I let sleep over take me.

A huge boom rocks the tower and I run out of Natalia's room. Another boom happens from the roof and I ride the elevator up. The doors open and I walk out. Bodies litter the floor and I recognize them as the Avengers. Thanos stands before me dressed in armor. He shoots his weapon at me and I'm frozen.

"Loki, I had such high hopes for you but, sadly, you failed. For this you pay with your life," He laughs darkly.

"Oh wait. I had a much better idea! Wheres that little princess you're so infatuated with?" My eyes grow wild and he laughs before teleporting us to Natalia's room.

How he knew, I don't know but I don't care. I try to fight the spell and I use my magic to break free but Thanos hits me against the wall.

"You truly do love her? Oh what a shame. But it will be so fun to watch you in despair!" He says and blunges a blade deep into Natalia.

"NOOO!!!" I scream out.

Natalia's mouth flies open in a blood curdling scream. I can't think straight. Her screams, Thanos laughing! Its all too much. Natalia!

I jump awake.

That was too real for my liking.

---------------------------------------------

ITS TOO SHORT!!!

BUT IM TOO LAZY!!