I watch as he walks towards my sofas and places himself down onto them, exhaling a long and deep sigh from his lungs. Looking up at the ceiling for a few moments before drawing his phone out from his pocket and glancing at the screen.

Following Micah's actions as I pull off my jacket and place it down onto the side, walking up to the sofas and sitting down beside him. He drops his phone onto his stomach, his eyes glazed over.

"What's going on?" My voice breaks the silence. Micah's eyes instantly snap to mine and for a moment we just stare back at each other. "I knew something was wrong at the restaurant, something is playing on your mind."

Micah breathes in and pushes himself up from the sofa, wrapping his arms around his legs as he blinks away from me. "I didn't want to make a big deal of it but I've just been waiting for a time to tell you, it's nothing serious at all."

"Okay..." I trail off. "Then tell me."

"It shouldn't have taken my attention at the restaurant and I'm sorry if I was coming across as rude," he shakes his head towards me.

"Not rude," I say as I press my hand onto the back of the sofa. "Just distant."

"I got a message on LinkedIn the other day," he says suddenly and my eyes open wide for a moment. "It was a job offer from another company, a planning manager."

My eyes narrow slightly. "Right," I say before slapping my lips together. "So are you thinking of taking it?"

"I don't even know West," he sighs out harshly, his head shaking towards me. "I don't know anything about the role, or the company. It's just made me think about what I might want to do with my career, the future."

"Is this about you not getting that role you applied for?" I say as my lips pull into a small frown.

"It's not just that," Micah closes his eyes for a brief second. "I know how hard I can work, how I like to be challenged. I love working for you West but I feel like some of the things I do aren't even in my job spec. I work so hard and I want progression at some point. I just don't want to be stuck in the same job for ages, I love new challenges."

My eyes flick between his, one of my worst fears settling into my body. I always want Micah to know his worth and think about other options for his future and what's best for him. I had no right to be annoyed or upset with him, it's his life, his career. But a part of me felt a little disheartened that we couldn't give him what he wants right now.

"I just didn't want to keep it from you," Micah carries on. "I'm not saying that I'm going to make any rash decisions because I'm not, at all. I love my job, I love working for you and all my colleagues. But it's just opened my eyes to other options, and I'm not selfish for thinking that am I?"

"No," I rush as I grip onto his knee. "Not at all Micah, I will always want what's best for you."

"I'm not saying that I'm leaving today, or in six months time. Or even a year. I'm just thinking about what steps I can take in fulfilling my career dreams," Micah smiles towards me, his eyes wandering over the room as he ponders.

My heart aches in my chest, watching his brain work in magical ways. He always has dreamt big, wanted success, wanted to enjoy his job. To help others, teach others, share his ideas. The world really is his oyster.

"There will be progression at Neptune Micah, I promise you. You are so valuable to me, to the company that the thought of losing you to someone else hurts. But I understand if you do make that decision, I can't tell you what to do or how to feel." I say gently as I slide my hand up and down his shin supportively.