28. The Killer's Desire

Start from the beginning

Damien looked over at her with a thoughtful frown.

"Hmm. So you think so... But couldn't they be a different person that was instigated by the cases in your town, by your serial killer? Seeing as you cops do a lousy job and are incapable of catching the criminal..." Damien smiled to her, his voice dripping melted sarcasm. Indeed, they failed to catch the serial murderer successfully, and they deserved that reputation.

"He could. But two new active serial killers within one year? Really?" Ariana frowned.

"This one isn't technically a serial killer yet... He's a mass murderer." Damien argued.

"There's again no evidence. Only the Big. B murders killer does stuff this smoothly..." Ariana narrowed her eyes and will at him. Such a polemic.

"What's clear is clear. People name their kids better up in Scotland than in your little town," Damien smirked at her and turned around on his skis.

"What does that even-"

"Alert! We've found a lot of forensic evidence!" Cop forces shouted from down below the hill. Ariana widened her eyes. Forensic evidence? That's a bad thing, if this killer is the same from the Big Bucharest murders...

So Ariana and Damien rushed to the scene: the infirmary of the local medical institute.

The Cairngorm Medical Institute housed people troubled by a variety of neurological disorders treated by a variety of experienced professionals and staff, but it also served as medical preparation institute for nurses in training.

This new victim was a man in his early thirties named Memna McCoy.

"This new scene smells ugly," Damien commented as he walked in with Ariana. Their superior, inspector detective Keith Mostafa was already there with the cops.

"Oh, you two finally arrive. Come, come," Mostafa gestured. Ariana couldn't get it out of her mind how much the scene looked as if it had been painted by the Big B. Serial killer.

The room was in distress. There were three lonely beds in disorder, a broken laptop on the edge of a desk filled to the brim with messy papers, the curtains looked miserly, pillows were streaked on the floor. It looked like people fought here.

The cops were taking forensic evidence. They said they collected blood of two different DNA's, not just the victim's. As for the victim, his body was all covered up.

"May I see the body?" Ariana raised a hand.

"Go ahead," an officer gestured as he said and Ariana tiptoed through the room, after wrapping her boots with nylon. Damien followed too. The officer unpeeled the foils in which the body was covered, showing Ariana the victim.

Menma McCoy. Ariana's face displayed pure shock and terror as she looked at him. It was him for sure, she knew. He was the man who drove her into the barn that night up in Lincolnshire, called her 'bitch' and kicked her brains in the snow leaving her there for dead.

"I know what you did. I know everything," he muttered, his eyes furious and furrowing.

"No, don't say anything bitch," the man emphasized the last word with so much hatred that Ariana wondered what did she do to deserve it. "Stop meddling or I will drive you up to such circumstances you won't survive next time."

She couldn't see his warm brown eyes now because they were shut, but she was sure it was him. He was dead now. Deep inside she was panicking because she felt this was really bad...

The serial killer killing the smaller evils...Why?

Was this guy, Menma McCoy, even the real white tow truck driver or a stunt actor? Maybe he was the mastermind serial killer's dog.