PROLOGUE

"Hi there. So sorry to keep you waiting."
"Oh. That's quite alright, Mr. Warchuck."
"Please, call me Boone."

He could see that she was nervous. Her hands clumsily tried to rearrange the mess of papers on the table. Boone's handcuffed hands reached for the papers to help. Which, in hindsight, is not a good idea for a person already anxious. She almost leaped out  as she let out a short burst of scream. Which triggered the guard as well. Luckily he stayed calm and kept rearranging the papers. She waved the guards away, indicating she is okay.

"I'm sorry. I did not meant to..."
"That's quite alright. It's a normal reaction."
"Still though, I should not have jumped to conclusion."
"Ma'am, I am a convicted killer. I reached for your direction. I'm surprised you haven't pepper sprayed me."

She laughed quietly. His remark made her feel more at ease. The fear is still there though. Fear that made her cautious. That constantly remind her who's sitting across her.

"First, let me introduce myself. My name is Jane Dawson. I am the behaviour analyst that will be in charge of interviewing you..."
"Ahh Jane. Jane, Jane, Jane. Right now I wish my parents had named me Tarzan."
"Tarzan?"
"Yeah. You know, Tarzan and Jane?"
"That cartoon character? Do you like cartoons?"
"Depends on the mood really."
"Oh so...you watched cartoons when you feel good?"
"Not exactly. At times I don't feel anything at all. So I watched cartoon to jumpstart my humanness back."

Her inquisitive knowledgeable side took over instantly. She was no longer the nervous, paper jumbling, idiot he saw just now. Now she is the professional behaviour analyst, anong the top of he class and highly trained FBI agent.

"That's fascinating. I would love to hear more on that. But first, can you tell me a little bit about your background?"
"This sounds like a job interview, but alright. Where do you want me to begin?"

Her phone began to record the process, that turned a human into the most frightening monster in the 21st century.