𝟹𝟺 - 𝙰 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝙿𝚒𝚐

Start from the beginning

   For a moment he says nothing. Yet this was brief.

   "Harassing you for not being home? Man, he doesn't even have a home."

   "He's- homeless? Since when?" I stifle a laugh.

   "I've seen him around, he has nowhere to go. He's usually looking around for you or those friends of his."

   He made Dream sound desperate. I felt myself laugh at that. He chuckles a little as well.

   We stop right in front of a brown horse with diamond armor. I look in confusion before turning to the taller man.

   "When did you get a horse?"

"Oh Carl? I spent a whole day trying to get the perfect horse, and here he is."

"Is that why you're gone all the time?" I ask, looking over at him. He hesitates for a moment.

"Well kind of.." He grabs the horses lead and begins to untie the knot keeping him in place. "Let me show you something."

With that, he hops onto the horse. Once he was stable he reaches his hand out to me. I stare at it suspiciously.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Well I can't tell you. I have to show you." He shakes his hand a little, signaling me to grab it.

I take a deep breath and take his hand. He quickly lifts me up onto the horse's back.

   Immediately as I sat down on the horse, we were already moving. To avoid nearly falling off and being trampled by Carl I desperately gripped onto Techno. He found the entire situation amusing.

   And in a short time we stopped. He jumped off of Carl and I followed. I scanned the area, yet there was nothing of interest. Confused, I look back to my pink-haired friend.

   "What are we here for?"

   Techno mumbled as he fumbled with Carl's lead before turning around to face me.

   "Why, for the view of course." He responds to my question.

   Yet his response left me with more questions than answers as he signaled for me to follow his lead.

   We climbed a small mountain, a tiring task despite its size. But once we reached the top I understood what Techno was talking about.

   We faced West which was evident from
the setting sun gleaming in my vision. My eyes widened with awe and delight.

   The sun was setting over the ocean, golden hues casting a reflection in the clear sparkling water below. The sky was a swirling mixture of oranges and pinks with a few stars being barely visible with the transition of day to night. Autumn was in full swing as a calm breeze blew through, a few clouds also passing overhead. Looking slightly left, you could see a small L'manberg in the distance.

   "Wow.." Was all I could say. Techno hummed proudly.

   "Right? I said the same thing when I first saw it." He leaned against a rock with his arms crossed.

   "How did you stumble across this?"

   "Well I didn't intentionally find it. I happened to catch the sun setting from here a few days ago while I was out gathering materials."

   It was calmly silent after that, as we both watched the sun slowly hide away. After a few moments we began catching each other up on current events in our lives and what we missed out on while we were apart.

   "I got supplies from Dream." Techno blurts out after a moment of silence.

   "Huh? What do you mean?" I question, turning to look at him.

   "He's trying to bait us I think, I can't tell. But he says he wants to help the rebellion, but only with supplying us with the tools necessary. He needs to 'stay in the shadows'. Those were his exact words."

   "Huh? That seems fishy.."

   After our encounter today I had my suspicions on Dream and his motivations. Something seemed strange about his mannerisms.

   Techno explained everything about what he found and what the note said. I was highly suspicious of it. What he wanted to seem like a peace offering seemed more like a bribe with underlying intentions.

   Just what was Dream planning? What is he trying to do?

   And why was he trying to bribe Techno of all people?
________________
1275 words, unedited

also guys, the army grew

beware