"I'm better than yesterday. I had a fever."

He opens the door wider for me to step in and as I do, I don't have control of my jaw anymore because it decides to drop like a lunatic. It was not an apartment. It was a penthouse. The black and brown aesthetic give the vibes of a man cave. The couches were black, the tables were wood. The kitchen was black and even the darn stairs was black.

He says "Sorry, it's a bit messy at the moment

He says "Sorry, it's a bit messy at the moment." I chuckled "Messy?" He points at the papers across the dining table.

"If you call this messy then I don't know what organized is anymore. You should see my room."

He took the files from me and set it on the table "You want something to drink? Water, tea, juice? I'd offer you a beer but you don't look like you're the type to drink beers."

"Oh? And what type of beverages do you think I drink?"

"I don't know. Something sweet and fruity."

He raised his brow with a smile and said "I'm right, aren't I?" I rolled my eyes and kept my bag on the table and took out my iPad, telling him his schedulers for the day "You need to attend one meetings today- which is actually really important- and sign paper works." He nods "Okay, which of these are the ones that need to be signed?" I looked at the giant pile of files and winced "All of them." His face was drained from color and he whispered under his breath "Fuck me." He inhaled and I could hear the silent bubbles in his stuffed nose. Feeling bad for him, I offered "How about I'll make you soup while you start with the paper? Hmm?" He chuckles "You're a great PA, you look adorable when you eat donuts, you're a good dancer... and now you're a chef? What is there that you can't do, woman?" I snort "I can't do broccoli. Broccoli is evil." He throw his head back laughing and suddenly starts coughing hard. I waste no time in getting him a glass of room temperature water and handing it to him.

X

I kept a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup and a slice of toasted bread with salted butter in front of him. He looks up at me with a smile, wearing black framed glasses that made him appear even more attractive "Thank you." I kept a box of tissue in front of him as well.

I sat on the other end of the small square table and began writing emails for him just to lessen his workload. Not using the spoon, he takes the bowl in his hand and slowly starts sipping from it, chewing the bits of chicken and noodles while looking over the paperworks.
I was too into typing the emails that I didn't paid attention to him but heard him grunt loud. Looking up again, I ask "What's wrong?" He grabs couple of tissues and begins cleaning his shirt that had a huge yellow stain right on his stomach. I stand instantly and make my way to him "Are you okay? Did you burn yourself?" Without even thinking, I lift up his shirt and look closely at his stomach. Thankfully, he wasn't burned or had a red mark or something. I put my hand right against his stomach and he visibly sucks in his stomach, his sweatpants hanging lower to his v-line- if that was even possible- I looked up at him and his cheeks were stained light pink and blue eyes were a shade darker than normal. I gasped because I had just realized what I had done and take no time in backing away "I'm sorry, I..." I clear my throat and tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear, whispering "I did not mean to cross the boundary." He stiffly nods and gets up, making his way towards the stairs. I say "I'll get you another bowl, okay?" He doesn't answer but just climbs up without looking back.