2.

Now playing: What If by Johnny Orlando

'What if I told you I liked you.'

@addyfern These were taken before I had too much alcohol and actually looked half decent

Liked by @benchilwell, @masonmount, @laylawhite and 1,400,032 others.

@masonmount: It was nice meeting you, and you looked great the whole time, don't worry.
@benchilwell: Told you you'd like the party.
@laylawhite: Addy, it's not possible for you to look anything other than stunning.
@user23: I'm well jealous

@laylawhite good party yesterday, nice to meet a couple of new people x

Liked by @addyfern, @benchilwell, @masonmount and 1,235,654 others
@addyfern: why are you so prettyy
@benchilwell: thanks for making Addy come
@cmpulisic: good to meet you
@masonmount: nice meeting you and Addy yesterday

It's been 3 days since the party but I still can't stop thinking about it. Before I had gone in, I had been certain it would be an utter waste of time but it had been surprisingly fun *and* I'd met Mason. Mason. Ugh. He'd been on my mind for the last three days and I couldn't stop thinking about him. Everything just worked with him. He was nice, funny, good looking, charming...

Stop. I knew more than anyone else the complications of being in a relationship. I didn't trust any one man other than Ben. In fact after I ran away from my last boyfriend I had sworn to myself that I would never date anyone ever again. Only Ben and Layla knew what had happened to me then and they had both been sworn to absolute secrecy. But there was something that just made me want to forget all that and just run into Mason Mounts arms and never leave.

"What you thinking about?" Ben asks.

He's sat in my living room, watching TV. I guess the lack of communication from me is surprising him. He always says I never stop talking.

"Me? Oh, nothing much."

"Liar."

"I can't tell you." I say, "It's too complicated."

"Right."

That surprises me.

"Aren't you going to make me tell you?"

"No."

Oh. Ok then.

"It's Mason."

Then I realise and I cover my face.

"That's not fair! You used reverse psychology against me!" I chuck a pillow at him.

"It always works Addy, it always works. So, you and Mason, huh?"

"Yes. No. I don't know."

"You should tell him."

"Absolutely not."

"Addy come on," he looks me in the eyes, "You need to forget about what happened. Mase is a good guy, he would never hurt you."

"I can't." My head is bowed and I'm on the verge of tears. "Why did it happen to me Ben? I feel like that one relationship ruined my whole life."

"Addy, hey. Don't let him do that to you. That's what that psycho wanted. Please, talk to Mason. If you're too scared, then I'll do it for you. But you can't let this pass by. He might be the one for you."

"You know what you sound like?"
"What?" he asks.

"A therapist. Or like you belong on love island."

"Addy please. You either promise me you're going to tell him, or I'm going to tell him."

"I can't decide which is worse."

"Look we'll make a deal. I won't tell him you like him just yet. I'll just, you know, ask him what he thought of you, talk to him a bit about you, see how we get on. Ok? We'll work on it."

"Fine. But only if you admit one thing."

"What?"

"You like Layla."

He says nothing and I smile triumphantly.
"Tell herrr!"

"No thank you."

"You can't make me tell Mason and then not tell Layla. That's just hypocritical. And besides your part is way easier than mine because you know her. And you know she likes you. I barely know Mason and he definitely doesn't like me."
"We'll see about that."

"You'll tell Layla?"

"If you tell Mason."

"Deal."