11.

Now playing: Let you down by NF

'All these voices in my head get loud
I wish that I could shut them out
I'm sorry that I let you down
Let you down'

Addy's POV

Yesterday was a nightmare. I let it go too far with Jack, so far that I feel awful about it. And there was also the news that started it all: the news that Mason didn't care about me enough to stay away from some cute girl he had dated before me. I honestly feel like I want to leave, fo somewhere far far away.

The saddest thing that can happen to someone is to lose a person they love. A person they trusted with their life. I would have died for Mason. Sad he wouldn't do the same for me. Buddy is sat by me in an unusual state of peace, as if he knows there's something wrong.

I must have been in bed for about an hour when there's a knock on the door. I really don't want to open it, because there's only one person who it can be, and I do not want to see him.

"Addy, what's wrong? I know you're in there."

I heave a sigh and get up. As I pass the mirror, I glance in and see a tear stained face looking back at me, hair tangled and eyes dull. When I get to the door, Buddy leaps up at Mason, licking his face and barking like there's no tomorrow.

"Shush Buddy. You saw Mason yesterday." I snap, and grab him by the collar and pull him in.

"Ads?" Mason looks concerned.

"Don't call me that."

"What? Why not?"

"Do you have nicknames for every girl you fuck? Do you call her Chlo?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Your not so ex Chloe." I sneer, "I bumped into her yesterday in the bathroom. She told me everything."

"What do you mean everything? There's nothing to tell. We dated. End of."

"That's not what she told me."

"Addy I have no idea what your talking about."

He does genuinely look lost, but if he was able to shag some girl and then come straight back to take me to a party then... he's probably a good liar.

"She told me where you where the night before last."

"I told you where I was. With a friend."

"Yeah...you could call her a friend."

"Wait she told you I was with her? Addy I was with Phil, if you don't believe me ask him!"

Oh no. If what he says is true then... I'm the one in the wrong here.

"Do you believe me or not?" he looks hurt.

"Yeah, I...look I'm sorry."

He still looks wounded but says,

"It's ok."

Then he tries to grab my hand, but I pull it away. He looks at me confused.  There's no good place to tell someone you cheated, but I know I should invite him in. I mean, I can't just have a conversation like that at my door.

"Come in."

Poor Mase looks really confused, wondering why I haven't kissed him yet and why I'm acting so strangely. We head to the living room and I sit on the sofa. When he goes to sit next to me, I cut him off, and say,

"I think it's best if you sit over there for this."

I can feel tears coming my way. He shoots me a look, but goes to sit opposite me. As he sits, he glances down and picks up something. Oh god. Oh god please no.

"What's this?" he asks in a cold voice I've never heard before.

"A jacket." I say quietly.

"I know it's a fucking jacket Addy. I want to know who's jacket it is, because it certainly isn't mine." His voice is raised now and cold as steel.

"I- this is what I wanted to tell you." I whisper, tears trickling down my face.

"What's going on?"

"I... after Chloe told me you cheated, I ran out of the club, and Jack was there and he offered to give me a lift and I said yes, and things escalated and..."

"And he took his jacket off. Probably more of his clothing." Mase finishes flatly.

"Mase I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, it was a mis-"

"Yeah, yeah a mistake I'm sure."

"Mason." I plead.

"What is wrong with you? Ive never wronged you, and you run off with my teammate?"

"I'm so sorry." I sob.

"Sorry doesn't take away the fact you cheated on me. Fuck, you're always complaining how Jason broke you, and then you go and do the same to someone else?" he looks like he's about to cry now too, and it's so awful I would do anything to change it.

"Jack said it would be ok because you cheated on me first."

"Well I didn't did I?" His beautiful face is contorted with rage and sadness and its all my fault.

"I can't believe you." he runs a hand through his hair, "Is that all? You're not going to tell me you've slept with anymore of my teammates are you?"

"No." I whisper.

With that, he gets up, gives me one last look of contempt and walks out.

Hehe hello :)
Sorry for using Jack grealish everyone don't kill me pls :(
Alsooo school starts in 2 days so I probably won't be uploading as often but I'll definitely try do a chapter every three days or something <3