Chapter 12

"Get up. They're already there." Mom said. I obeyed and gathered my stuff.

"Ma, you won't ask who's the father?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I won't." She firmly said.

"Why?"

"I know that you're having a hard time with your situation. I will not force you to tell me, and it's your choice. Now, let's go." She said and turned around, ready to leave.

I gathered all my strength and courage and said, "It's Maddix." I announced even before she went to the door.

"What the fuck?" She looked so shocked. And I am still nervous.

"How the fuck did that happen?" She asked in confusion. Her brows almost formed like a unibrow.

She sat down and held her head due to frustration. "It was Avi's birthday. I was drunk, and I flirted with him. He flirted back. And the rest was history." I told her what happened. I didn't tell her the details because that would be awkward.

"I flirted with him without knowing that we share the same past. I didn't remember his existence not until this situation." I continued

"You didn't know that he's in a relationship?" She asked

"I asked him at the party if he likes me, and he nodded. Because of that, I assumed that he's single. But when I learned that I was pregnant, Avi said that Maddix has Sue. I backed off, and I couldn't tell you all my situation because I don't want their relationship to be ruin." I explained

"He was at fault. That was an asshole move of him. Even if he's drunk or not, he knows that he's in a committed relationship. You were drunk, and he took advantage of you.

I hope your situation gets better. I will support and guide you, Aris. For now, I will keep this secret from everyone. I hope you'll have the courage to face everything. For your child." Mom said and tapped my shoulder. She left the room without me.

I let out a big sigh after that confrontation. That was nerve-racking. I faced the mirror once again to fix myself. I grabbed the doorknob, ready to leave.

"Hi," mahinang sambit ko nang makita ko si Sue. Malapit sa kwarto ko ang kinatatayuan niya. Timing nga naman.

"Hello," sambit niya pabalik. Binaba niya ang shades na nasa ulo niya at humigop sa mango shake na hawak niya.

"Saan meron niyan?" Turo ko sa mango shake.

"Binigyan lang ako nung kasambahay niyo, eh. Ihingi rin kita, gusto mo?"

"Ay, hindi! 'Wag na. Ako na lang." Nahihiya akong utusan siya.

"Okay. Labas na ako, ah? Nasa labas na silang lahat." Paalam niya. Nginitian ko na lang siya at dumiretso sa kusina.

"Ate, gusto ko rin ng mango shake." Bungad ko sa kasambahay namin na naka upo sa kitchen.

"Sige po, Ma'am. Dadalhin ko na lang po sa labas." Sambit niya

Nginitian ko siya at naglakad papalabas. May pintuan dito papuntang dagat. "Ay, Ate! Gusto ko rin pala ng cheese stick! Hehe, salamat!" Pahabol ko bago lumabas.

Ang init! Sinuot ko ang shades ko para mabawasan ang pag kunot ng noo ko dahil nasisilaw ako sa sinag ng araw. Sasakit ang ulo ko kapag laging nakakunot ang noo ko.

Kakaligo ko lang ay pinagpapawisan na agad ako. Sinalubong ako ni Mommy ng mini fan at tinapat ito sa mukha ko. "Okay na?" tanong niya. Tumango ako bilang sagot.

"Umupo ka na lang dito. Manood ka na lang sa kanila." Sambit ni Mommy. Sinunod ko ito at pinanood ang mga kaibigan ko magtampisaw sa dagat. Umalis ulit si Mommy dahil tinawag siya nina Daddy sa loob ng bahay. Para siguro sa dinner mamaya.