Chapter 10

"I still need time to think and talk to myself. Or maybe talk to Maddix." I said after a long period of silence.

"Kailan pa? Ilang buwan na lang manganganak ka na." Avi said, looking so serious. I know that she's just concerned about us. I know that she's been on edge hiding my pregnancy from our family.

"I-" I got cut off by Avi before I could say anything.

"You have to decide right now. It would be best if you risked it all. This isn't a game, Ate. This is your child's life and future we're talking about.

"You did have a lot of time to think. Maybe you were just thinking about yourself all along and not the child you're bearing," She frankly said.

"I was also thinking about Sue and her side. This isn't just about Maddix and me. I shouldn't be insensitive. I couldn't just tell the world that the father of my baby is Maddix, who has a 4-year relationship. And It will be devastating for Sue." I calmly said I couldn't get angry because I understood her point.

"Kuhanin mo na lang na ninang si Sue para masaya," mukhang seryosong suhestiyon ni Gen pero halatang biro lang ito

"Why not?" Sabat naman ni Mitch

"Gawin mo na ring kumare si Sue," dagdag pa ni Pat.

"Mga siraulo, wala kayong kwenta!" pabirong sambit ko at minasahe ang sintindo ko. Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa rami ng isipin.

"But seriously, you shouldn't think about Ate Sue right now. Choose. Do you want your child to be miserable or Sue?" Avi didn't mind all the jokes that others made. She's serious.

"You're all here, with us. Why would my child be miserable?" I asked.

"We can't play the role of being the father of your child. Maddix can." Avi replied.

"My child will not be miserable just because they don't have their father by their side," I emphasized.

"So, you're planning that you won't allow Maddix to enter your lives? Ate, you're selfish." She said in disappointment.

"It's for the best," I said in all seriousness and went to my room and locked it. I want to be alone. I needed time to think. I know that I'm unfair to Maddix but fair to Sue. I couldn't tell what would happen in the future if will everything will go smoothly or rough.

I planned to tell my parents that I got pregnant by someone I met in the club. It was a one-night stand. That's based on the true story. But, I'll tell them that I couldn't remember the guy. That I tried remembering and finding the baby daddy, but for the last five months, I just couldn't. I hope that they will just accept my baby and me without thinking about the father. I can act that Maddix passed away.

I don't want to let him enter our lives when we don't know each other. Maybe we shared the same childhood, but I still don't know him. I can't trust him, and I can't trust our lives to him. He cheated on Sue.

But, there's a part of me that wants Maddix to stay beside me throughout my pregnancy. I kept on having dreams with him on it. We were so happy, genuinely. I crave his care and attention, maybe because our baby wants their daddy. That part of me wants to tear Sue and Mad's relationship and be with Mad forever. I don't even love him or anything, but I just want to do that because I don't know.

There's a one percent chance to bring Maddix with me to my house and introduce him as the baby daddy. I still need to think about that. Or maybe work with that. Should I talk to Maddix? Or not? He's involved in this matter, but what about Sue?