Tom's Breakup (Pt.2)

~
warnings: none
setting: reader's apartment
story type: fluff
-

    It had been almost a year since Tom moved in with me. These months have been absolutely perfect. He was very clean and tidy, we took turns with cooking and dishes, and we always had movie nights. The only problem was that I started developing feelings for the British man.

Strong feelings.

Who wouldn't? He was an amazing person— and had a heart of gold.

I shouldn't be falling in love with my best friend. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. He always made sure I ate, he would be right there for me whenever I felt down, he made sure to make time for me— of course I fell in love.

I sighed, my thoughts distracting me from the pan I was rinsing. Tom was currently at the store picking up things for dinner tomorrow night. He was all I ever thought about these past few weeks.

The door clicked open and a dripping Tom staggered inside holding bags as I set the pan on the drying rack.

I turned around and was met with a goofy grin and a very wet hug.

I squealed and squirmed, feeling the rain soak my pajamas, "Tom! You oaf! You're soaking wet!" 

Tom laughed and squeezed me harder before letting me go and shaking his hair like a dog after a bath.

"Miss me?" He asked, grinning. I rolled my eyes and took his coat, hanging it on the rack, "Yes. When you were dry." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He laughed again and walked over to me, giving me a, fortunately, dry hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

We stood there for what felt like hours, taking in and memorizing every moment of it while he tucked my head underneath his chin.

After a few minutes he pulled away and pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead.

"Well I missed you." He said, beaming at me.

I grinned and let out a small chuckle, "Alright fine, I guess I did miss you a little bit." I said, a playful edge to my voice.

He raised his brows and grinned wider, "A little bit?"

I smiled, "A little bit." His face and eyes softened at my words and he turned to start unloading the groceries. I quickly went to help, cracking jokes the entire time.

"Cheater!"

"I did not!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

Tom grinned and laughed, "Yes you did! You knocked my cart off of the track on purpose!"

"That's not cheating! That's winning." I said, smirking.

"You little-!" Tom yelled, chasing me around the living room. I laughed and ran away from him to the other side of the sofa. He narrowed his eyes, "No where to run now, pet."

Holy hell. I forgot how attractive his Loki voice was.

In my moment of distraction, Tom lunged at me and tackled me onto the couch. I squealed loudly as he laughed, tickling me.

"T-Tom st-op!" I laughed, tears pooling in my eyes. He laughed harder and tickled me mercilessly.

He finally stopped after five minutes of absolute torture and looked down at me, his hands on either side of my head. I was still laughing, gasping for air.

"You jerk!" I said, giggling.

He grinned and laid his head down on my chest, pressing his weight onto me. My face flushed a dark shade of pink as I realized exactly where his head was laying.

"I like this pillow. Very comfy." He said. I could feel the smirk on his face at his little joke.

I gasped and smacked his shoulder, "Thomas!" I cried out. He started laughing uncontrollably and rolled off of me into the floor. I giggled and looked down at him from the couch, making eye contact with him. He slowly got up and walked to me as I sat up on my knees, trying to match his height.

He walked up to me, his chest flush against mine and pressed his soft lips on my own, his strong arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me as close as possible. I immediately kissed him back, my heart exploding.

Once he pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine and smiled at me, "I've wanted to do that for years."

My heart melted and I smiled back at him.

Then it dropped.

"Years?" I asked, shock surging through me. He chuckled nervously and closed his eyes, still holding onto me tightly.

"About two or three. I never said anything because I was afraid you didn't feel the same way." He said softly, his smile never faltering. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and his eyes opened to look at my face.

I grinned at him and kissed him for the second time, this time more passionately.

"You should have told me. I've always had feelings for you, I only realized them a few months ago," I giggled, "Though I feel like if you would have told me years ago I would have realized then."

He matched my grin and slipped his hands on the bottom of my thighs, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I'm in love with you Y/N." He said, his face turning serious.

"I'm in love with you too Tom." I said, smiling. He hugged me and leaned down to my ear, "Will you be my girlfriend Y/N?" He asked, his warm breath sending tingles down my spine.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly as he spun me around.

-

word count: 926