"You're really underestimating me," I say as I grit my teeth

Kassian's spine straightens as the door unlocks, pushing it open with one hand. He turns to me, cornering me against the wall. Trying to ignore the speed of my heart rate by narrowing my eyes towards him, there was no way he was going to try and intimidate me now.

"Let's make this interesting," he whispers quietly, his arm raising to rest on the wall above my head.

Closing the gap between us as he lowers his head towards mine. "Interesting?" I repeat as I tilt my head towards him.

"If you win I'll do whatever you want me to..." he trails off slowly, one of his fingers dropping to my cheek and sliding down the skin on my neck. "I know the curse is killing you when it comes to your heat, so I'll do whatever you want."

My core burns at his words, teasing the fire that was already burning in the pit of my stomach.

"But if I win," he raises an eyebrow towards me. "You have to do what I want."

For a few moments I don't respond but continue to flick my eyes between his. "Like what?" I challenge him.

Kassian's hand moves back to my face as he pinches my cheeks between his fingers, my lips parting as I look back at him. "I dunno, guess I'm dying to find out what that venomous mouth can do."

My heart hammers harshly but I refuse to let my reaction show on my face. "I thought you despised me and now you want me to suck your dick?" I question as I tilt my head back to the wall.

He smirks. "Well you hate me but you still let me make you come four times." His head shakes towards me, my eyes blink back at his bluntness.

"Even if you were the last wolf on Earth, I wouldn't even beg you to fuck me." I spit out harshly.

Kassian laughs to himself and looks down to the floor for a second, he takes my throat with his hand and pushes me into the wall. Feeling my pulse against his fingers at the sudden action. "I beg to differ," he breathes along the edge of my jaw, his scent swarming me.

The air felt tense, the eye contact between us was sending me into a frenzy but I knew I needed to focus. He couldn't throw me off my game now before we even started. "You're not going to win," I grumble out. "Or the bet."

"We'll see," he murmurs softly before pushing off the wall and turning into the room he had opened earlier.

The door slams and I force myself to catch my breath, my eyes settling on the door angrily. Noticing how my fists tighten at my side and walking back down the corridor, needing to get in the zone so I could show my worth to him and his pack.

Kassian invited down the rest of the pack to watch and observe our fight, Hope and Nella weren't looking too sure on my decision but I didn't care. The worst that could happen was that I would get hurt but I knew half these wolves would be too scared to challenge their Alpha.

Feeling brave for calling him out, but now I had to live up to my word.

We settle at a large clearing in the woods, everyone crowds round in a circle to watch. I strip my clothes behind a tree and shift into my black wolf, clenching my paws against the ground and extending my jaw to stretch out my shifted body.

My feet carry me into the centre of the clearing, everyone's eyes focused on me as I breathe heavily out of my snout. Scanning around for Kassian's wolf but my paws grind against the dirt on the floor as I wait for him.

After a few moments he emerges from the trees, his pack members making way for him to walk through the circle and into the clearing. His wolf stood strong on all four paws, dark grey fur with a white patch underneath his neck and chin. He stalks closer to me, our eyes leveling with each other.