Chapter 1: The Beginning

Start from the beginning

It took me a minute before I answered. Everyone was looking at me I don't know what to say and I just said, "I don't do drugs so I don't know the answer"

Our professor was shocked about my answer and he said, "I'm not asking you if you are using drugs I'm just asking you these questions cause it's in the book"

Nicholas raised his hand and said, "Addicting video games are legal because they are part of the entertainment. In some cities, the cigarette is also illegal so the legalization of them is based on the government."

Everyone clapped their hands for him I was so embarrassed but to be honest it wasn't impressive!

And our professor said, "Very good I think you should study harder, Ms. Peters because you were supposed to be at the top of our class and I was expecting you to answer the question but never mind."

****

The bell rang and that means that school's over. I saw Nicholas walking in the hallway. I brought chocolate to thank him for saving me.

"Hey thanks for the help"

He looked at me and he replied, "You're welcome."

I gave him the chocolate and said, "Here thank you again"

He looked in the chocolate and said, "I'm sorry but I'm allergic to chocolates."

I was shocked darn! Is he avoiding me?!?!?!?

I asked him, "Are you avoiding me or something?"

He answered, "No. I'm allergic to it"

And I realized he was being honest and I said, "Oh, Ok."

He added, "Thank you for your offer but I can't accept that it's like poison ivy or something."

And I continued walking on my way home.

****

It's Saturday weekend!!!! I'm so excited. I have a lot of plans, my brother will be out with his girlfriend, my sister is going to be on her advocacies as a beauty queen, and me, I'm just going to the mall for shopping, going to the carnival on my own, go to the arcade on my own, and enjoy the day.

****

I was in the mall and I'm so tired I went to a coffee shop and sat on a chair and ordered a cup of milk tea and an egg pie.

Someone sat beside me and wow!!!! It's Nicholas!

I asked him, "Hey what are you doing here?"

He answered, "Oh, Hi Francine I... own this cafe."

I was amazed like yeah that is impressive!

"Actually, It's my parent's business but now that I'm in college, they hand it down to me" He added

I was so satisfied and amazed he's so successful at a young age.

I said, "Wow it's a good thing that they are trusting you"

He smiled.

I was about to pay for my orders and he said, "No you don't have to, it's ok Miranda charge it on me"

I was shocked and I tried to stop him even though I know he is unstoppable.

"No Nicholas. It's okay. I can pay..."

And he said, "No need it's rude to make you pay we're classmates."

I nodded my head and said, "Oh thank you."

He just smiled and we talked a lot about each other.

He asked me, "So can we talk about ourselves?"

I laughed and just said, "well I can't say no. You treated me..."

He laughed and asked me again, "Can you tell me a bit about your family?"

Is this a job interview or something?!?!?!?

"My mom was a businesswoman and my dad is the same but they died just 2 years ago"

He made a sad face and said, "So sorry to hear that"

I felt love after he said that I continued, "My sister is a fashion model, My brother is the one who's taking care of our company and me, I'm... I'm..... I'm a nobody."

Then, there was silence and I asked him,

"And you, can you tell me about you?"

He started talking "My parents are both business-minded people they've been good in making me feel that they love me but I never felt it even once, I'm an only child. Just last year, they separated. I was closer to my dad than my mom but the court decided to give me to my mom and we moved here to Los Angeles. We left dad in France and I'm secretly communicating to him in texts. Sometimes when Mom's not home and I'm free, my dad and I talk to each other in a video call... God, I miss him" His tears fell and I became emotional.

"That was harsh I'm sorry"

He looked at me, "It's okay."