𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 16

" So, Chaeyeon what was the reason for this met-up. You know I'm quite busy these days so I would want to keep this short." Song Songil told Chaeyeon who was sitting on the couch in-front of him. "And why are you alone,where is your brother?" he raised an eyebrow.

" He had plans with Jisung." she said, never breaking eye contact with him "I can tell him afterwards to let him know."

"Okay, I'm listening!" he said raising an hand as a gesture for me to continue.

"Its about Mingi" I notify.

"What has he done this time?" he scoffs.

Chaeyeon gulped "Well,he has been looking suspicious to me lately. I don't know if it's just my subconscious mind tricking me or the things that I'm thinking are real"

"Chaeyeon get straight to the point" Songil said rubbing his eyes.

Chaeyeon saw through him and nodded, obeying to his order.

"I think Mingi has betrayed us!" she said, but kinda regretting it a minute after.
Songil froze from shock, and a wave of anger filed him up.
What did he just hear come out of Chaeyeon's mouth. Betrayal? What nonsense!

"What makes you come in this bullshit of a  conclusion?" Songil asked with his eyebrows creased.

Chaeyeon took a quick breathe before explaining her thoughts.
"Well sir, Y/n and Mingi were never in good terms to begin with, until he announced that they were dating. Which made me quite suspicious, and he has become too friendly with Jisung too, the person who literally knows he's your son." she points, and didn't say anything else to give Songil space to organize his thoughts.

For a second, the room got very quite. Then when he suddenly started itching his head aggressively, It made Chaeyeon slightly flinch .

He then started laughing all of the sudden before his mood changed into a more livid one "But why would Jihoon even take him in. He's useless!" his tone rose. "It surprises me too,that we kept him until now."

"Maybe for informations" Chaeyeon suddenly said.
Songil snapped his head at her, scowling at his niece. "They might be using him to get information from us."

What Chaeyeon said made Songil have another suspense but this lead him into suspecting less for the possible double agent being under him. Since why would they need Mingi if they already had a double agent.

" So what should we do about Mingi uncle" Chaeyeon's words cached Songil's attention.

A chuckle was heard coming from Songil, and as he turned around to face Chaeyeon, a smirk had already appeared on his face, making her gulp in fear.

All this time Chaeyeon was known to be crazy because of her disturbing ideas and her so known lack of empathy but as they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, explained in other words those traits were developed because It ran into the family.

Being No.2 in the mafia isn't easy. Yes you have to have skilled and trustworthy people on your side but fear is the key to succeeding in this side of society.
And Songil was the most known for that.

"We kill him" he said giving a Duchenne smile.

///

• Y/n Pov

Friday came faster then I thought it would. It was now 31st of December, New Years Eve. Snow was everywhere, which made it the perfect atmosphere out there.

I was walking through the streets of Gangnam, going to the place Mingi told us to meet. I don't know why did he pick a place 1 hour away from our University. This little bi-