☾ 1

__________________

Fight for the right to be you
________________

"In third place....it's Lee Ryuza!"

"In second place...it's Kang Chaerin!"

"Annnnddd in first place, our winner is none other than Yang Ji-eun!!"

I elegantly skated over to the podium, collecting the medal with a warm smile then made my way where my two other competitors were standing. We all huddled together, smiling sweetly as we stood on the stage with our medals hung around our neck as pictures were taken from every direction.

"You did it again Ji-eun." Ryuza turned to me and said with a smile. "Yeah, thank you but I'm still tied with that kid." I sighed, now feeling completely out of it.

"I'm still on the same level as him yet he makes me feel like I'm below sometimes." I looked down at my skates that were glittering as the headlights on the ceiling reflected on it. Ryuza and Chaerin were on both sides of me, hugging me and smiling while the sports reporter continued to take photos and ask questions.

"Don't worry...the next tournament is in...what? 3 months? You can beat him." Chaerin whispered in my ear, taring her attention away from the reporter who was asking questions.

"I hope so.."

It was the August vacation and I was mainly focusing on improving my skating skills. I was always on top for tournaments or competitions when it came to ice skating and it was honestly amazing but ever since my first time competing against him I realized how hard I had to work to keep up with him.

I'll keep on trying my best even if I keep falling.

"What are your thoughts about the next tournament that'll be held in 12 weeks prior?" The reporter's voice and everything around me pieced together, coming in a huge blur as I snapped back to reality.

"Do you think you'll manage to overthrow The Ice prince and win first place again?" The reporter held a mic to my mouth, awaiting for my response along with the now silenced audience. I swallowed the lump in my throat, squeezing the medal around my neck in my hands as a form of swearing an oath. "Definitely." I answered, then walked off the 3 platforms with a smile, skating over to the benches where my coach was.

The crowd was roaring once again, joy, happy laughter and maybe some bitter emotions were all mixed together as the Ice Rink was now lively again. The smell of the cool ice and the feel of the air as it breezes through you when you danced around the rink was unimaginable and so beautiful.

"Ji-eun!!" I heard my name get called from behind me. I turned around to see my mom with a big smile on her face as she opened up her arms for a hug. I took off my skates and ran towards her on the stands where they sat.

"Mom...I did it! I did it again!" I squealed as happy tears began rolling down my cheeks. My mom's embrace was warm and tight as she congratulated me.

"I'm so proud of you!" She hugged me tighter as we both cried tears of joy.

Though winning was my specialty, I always acknowledged the fact of how great it was to win. It never got old of how many times I collected a medal or the immense feeling of anxiousness before they announce the winners. It was always the same and I also always appreciated my competitors for they also did their best. For Ryuza and Chaerin, they're both my friends and even though things get very competitive we're still the same. They're really good at skating just like me and we all go to the same highschool.

"Where's dad?" I asked, looking over my mom's shoulder only to see Jungwon, my brother. He was 17 and I was 18, his birthday is on February 9th while mine is on April 6th. Jungwon got up from his seat and hugged me. "He's at work, he couldn't make it." Jungwon said, looking up at mom then at me with a bright smile. "You did well!" He exclaimed, patting my head then picked up his backpack.

"Let me get my skates." I said before running off back to where I left them. Ryuza and Chaerin were standing by the mini walls that bordered the ice rink, chatting happily. Chaerin was holding my skates in her hand while talking to Ryuza when she saw me approaching them both. Most of the crowds of people had already left since the tournament was over so there wasn't much noise or distractions.

"Thanks for keeping them safe." I collected the skates from Chaerin. "Leaving already?" Ryuza asked, caging me in between her shoulders, restricting me from moving anywhere.

"Yeah, tomorrow is school isn't it? We all need to go." I shrugged, finally being released from Ryuza's grip.

"Ugh don't we have Mr. Kang's class at first thing tomorrow? He's so irritating I swear...!" Both of them complained and I couldn't lie, I also hated his class. He was so annoying and he always fretted over stupid things.

"Class what did I tell you about coming late?" Chaerin imitated what Mr. Kang said in a mocking voice.

"I'm soRRy I wAs 0.2 sEcoNds LaTe Mr. KaNg." Ryuza added then the three of us broke out in laughter.

"Ji-eun?" Jungwon called, from behind, walking towards us. As soon as Jungwon was in view I saw Chaerin bow her head, fixing her eyes to the floor. "You didn't confess yet??" I whispered in her ear and she quickly placed a hand over my mouth, shutting me up even though Jungwon wasn't even close enough to hear what I said.

"We gotta go Eun." He lowered his voice as he approached us three. I saw his eyes fall upon Chaerin then at me. God they're so cute without even trying! I support this!

"Yeah right. Bye guys." I waved goodbye then walked alongside Jungwon as we made our way towards our mom who was waiting at the entrance of the Ice Rink.

For a way of congratulating me my mom took us to get ice cream then we went home.

A/n
Hello loves. This is my first kpop fanfic I'm writing and idk if it'll be good but I'll try my best to make it a great one.

______________