17 - the boy who lived

Y/N's POV

I stare down at baby Harry who has been placed in my arms. He looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him, except for the lightning bolt scar now taking up residence on his forehead. Yet despite, an attempt being made on his life, and likely watching his parents be murdered by Voldemort, his eyes are still filled with innocence. 

"Peter betrayed James and Lily. He's been sent to Azkaban because of it. But what I came her to discuss was Harry. With Sirius being his godfather, it's up to you to raise him." 

"And what do we tell him when he's older?" Sirius asks. "How do we explain that his parents were murdered but when the same curse was used against him, he survived."

"You will tell him nothing. Just that his parents were murdered by Voldemort but you won't tell him of his destiny. He will figure that out for himself when the time is right."

"But the prophecy..." I object. "It says that neither may live while the other survives. Do you really expect a boy even the boy who lived to be able to kill Voldemort. And what if he kills him first."

"It's not as simply as that." Dumbledore says. "All you need to know is that when Harry turns eleven, he'll start at Hogwarts with all the other students his age, and he'll be trained. And when the time comes, he will put an end to Voldemort. He may be gone for now, but he will return."

~ THE END ~