14 - godric's hollow

Y/N's POV

THE next meeting/check-in with Voldemort is only a matter of days. I'm not sure if he was the one who killed Regulus or if he just died trying to accomplish this task of his. But what I do know is that either way, it's only a matter of time before Voldemort comes knocking. And when he does I'll already be gone. 

Which is why here I am, taking a risk and standing on the doorstep of the house belonging to the last person I thought I would ask for help. James Potter. 

I tentatively raise my hand, formed into a fist, and knock a few times. A minute of silence passes until I hear the faint sound of footsteps advancing towards the door from the otherside. Then the door swings open, revealing James Potter, looking just as I remember him from my time at Hogwarts. 

"Y/N?" He asks.

"Hi." I say, and then figuring that I should get my reason for being here out of the way, I carry on with talking, "I need your help."

*****

Turns out that Sirius isn't home at the moment since he apparently went to the shop to get some food to satiate Lily's latest pregnancy cravings. Yes. She's pregnant, and about five months by the looks of it. I fill them in on everything. How I never wanted to be a Death Eater but was forced into it. That Regulus had a change of heart and rebelled against the Dark Lord, costing him his life. And that it was only a matter of time before he came after me too. That I didn't have anyone else to turn to which is why I found myself here. The four of them (James, Lily, Peter and Remus) listen quietly, nodding along in understanding. 

It's only when I finish my story that I hear the sound of the front door opening. My spine stiffens, automatically knowing who's just came home. His familiar footsteps sound loud in the silence that's fallen over the room. 

"Hey, Lily. This better be a craving that lasts a long time because this bottle of dill pickles is huge and so is this jar of peanut butter -" He falls quiet at the sight of me and if it weren't for Remus swiftly taking the grocery bag from his arms, there likely would be pickles and peanut butter all over the floor by now. 

"Hey Sirius." I manage to say, giving him a weak smile. I'm not sure how he'll react considering our last interaction didn't go so well.                                                                                                                             "You're...what...I don't." He starts, trying to find the right words. 

But he quickly abandons trying to speak and instead strides across the room in a few quick seconds, grabbing my face in his hands and kissing me fiercely. His tongue slipping into my mouth, causing an unbidden moan to escape me. Which then leads to an intentional cough sounding from the room, reminding us both that we're not alone. 

We pull apart and Sirius seems to snap back to the presence. "Shit." He says, running a hand through his hair. "You're married to my brother. Likely with the unbreakable vow. I shouldn't have kissed you..." He trails off, and I know what he's thinking. Kissing me and me kissing him back is breaking the unbreakable vow and would usually cause me to die. But that won't happen because the unbreakable vow has already been broken. And Regulus is already dead. 

By the look now crossing his face, I know he's coming to the same conclusion. "Regulus?" He asks, his voice cracking slightly as he asks for verification.                      

I shake my head in answer, tears stinging at my eyes for the first time. I may not have loved him but he was good to me. And towards the end, he sacrificed himself for the greater good. At least, I hope he did. I can only hope that he didn't die in vain. "I'm sorry." I manage to say, pulling him in for a hug. 

All I can do is hold him as he nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck. 

*****

A/N: Hey everyone! I know it's been forever since the last update and I feel super bad only giving you a short chapter now. But I hope I can make up for that, by giving you a chapter of smut next!

It's been a while so I might be a bit rusty (especially since I haven't read any sexy books in a while lol)

Anyways, after the smutty chapter, there will likely be 3 to 5 more before the end. And then I'm super excited to start writing my steamy Ginny x Reader fanfic. I hope you're all excited for it! Let me know what kind of smut/kinks you want to see in that one.