13 - one year later

One Year Later

Y/N's POV

"REGULUS, it's been a year. If we don't do what the Dark Lord wants, he'll get suspicious. He'll think we're defying him."

"Well maybe I want to defy him." Regulus retorts as he works to button up his shirt.

"Don't say that." I hiss, walking across our bedroom so I'm face to face with him. "He could be listening." I whisper.

"Don't be ridiculous. He has more important things to do than eavesdrop on two of his Death Eaters. Besides, I'm not lying. I will not have sex with you just for the purpose of getting you pregnant to preserve the pureblood line."

"We don't really have much of a choice. It's what needs to be done, so just fuck me and get it over with. Or am I that repulsive that you don't even want to sleep with me despite our orders?"

He heaves a sigh, running his hand through his hair. "You're in love with someone else. My brother, I might add. So sorry if I don't feel right having sex with you."

"Two people don't have to be in love to have sex." I tell him, growing irritated. Of course I don't want to have sex with him. We've only ever kissed a handful of times since our marriage a year ago, and that's only ever chastely when in the presence of others to keep up the act. But Voldemort wants us to have a child, and defying his orders is a death sentence. A sentence that is surely looming closely by now that we've started to run out of excuses.

"Yeah, well you just consenting to please someone other than yourself isn't right. So I'm not doing it and that's the end of discussion." He says tersely. "We're going to be late."

I take his extended arm and as soon as I do, we're apparating away from our home at 12 Grimmauld Place and arriving at the front door of Malfoy Manor, the home of newlyweds Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, who have given up their home to be headquarters for the Death Eaters.

Their house elf lets us in and I give him a small smile before he scurries off. "Good, everyone's here." Voldemort announces once we walk into the room. We take our seats in our usual spots around the table, listening as he goes on about everyone's assigned tasks for the week. 

They're all variants of the same thing. Kidnap muggles, torture muggles, kill muggles. Kidnap muggle-borns, torture muggle-borns, kill muggle-borns. Kidnap blood traitors, torture blood traitors, kill blood traitors.

It's the same spiel every week, but we're still always required to attend and listen attentively. When the meeting is finally over, Regulus and I disapparate back home, where without a word, he stomps up the stairs to our shared bedroom. 

I quickly follow after him, needing to convince him to have sex with me so we can carry out our orders. But when I walk into the room, I find him in a harried state, waving his wand to hurriedly pack clothes in an overnight bag. 

"Are you leaving?" I ask. 

He turns to look at me over his shoulder, pain clear in his eyes. "I'm not leaving you. It's more complicated than that." He sighs before turning to face me and walking the few steps across the room so we're face to face. "I know you don't support the Death Eaters or the Dark Lord's cause. I know you would much rather be fighting with the Order. With my brother."

I inhale a sharp breath, fear prickling at my hands. "You can't tell anyone." I tell him, panic clear in my voice. 

"I won't." He assures me. "I promise. I don't care about the Death Eaters or the Dark Lord's cause anymore. And I'm going to do everything I can to help put a stop to him. But to do that, I need to leave for a few days. I'll be taking Kreature with me. And once I'm gone, you need to leave. It won't be safe anymore. If he finds out what I've done, he'll come after both of us. And he will try to kill us." 

"What are you doing?"

"It's too dangerous for me to tell you. Just trust me, okay?"

An hour later, he's gone. 

*****

I stick around the house for the few days. I know that Regulus told me to run as soon as he left, but I have no idea where I'll go. My parents are devoted to the Dark Lord's cause. I have no other relatives. No friends. The only person I can think of is Sirius. But he hates me and would rather I was dead than be a Death Eater. 

Maybe he'll finally get his wish. It's only a matter of days before Voldemort comes looking.

But later that night, I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. It feels as though a part of me has been ripped away. Destroyed. Killed. I know immediately what it is. The Unbreakable Vow is broken. Regulus is dead.

*****

A/N: I'm really sorry for the almost month wait for this chapter. I really hope you enjoyed it though and thank you for all your patience. I also hope that you're still interested in this story (despite the long wait for the update) but I'm hoping to become more frequent with updates (hopefully once a week since I'm working on my own original fantasy book idea). 

For future reference, this book won't follow the exact timeline of things regarding the wizarding world. I'm just doing what fits and what I'm inspired to do. Also, more smut will be coming soon. 

And speaking of smut. I published the intro chapters for my Ginny x Reader (female) fanfic today! Yes, there will be a decent amount of smut (so let me know what you want to see). I'll start writing that once 'Chivalrous' is completed, which will hopefully be in a couple chapters.