2 - detention

Y/N's POV

"FANCY seeing you here." Sirius comments with a smirk as I walk into McGonagall's class room the following evening.

"Fuck off." I mutter under my breath. He knows full well that he's the reason I'm here serving detention on a Friday evening. I would much prefer being in the comfort of my dorm room with Mulciber's head between my legs. But we don't all get what we want, and I take a small amount of happiness that Sirius doesn't get to have a good Friday either.

"Somebody's cranky."

"Somebody needs to shut up." I retort, taking a seat as far away from him as possible. 

"Language Miss y/l/n. I won't hesitate to give you another detention." McGonagall warns as she enters the room. Sirius laughs from across the class and I shoot him a venomous glare before turning away from him. "Now, if the two of you are done your arguing, we can get started on the detention. I'll be leaving the two of you in here for the next half hour to do some dusting. When you're done or the half hour is up, you may leave. Whichever comes first." She instructs us before making her way back to the classroom door to leave.

Just as she's about to exit, she turns back around to face us. "What are you waiting for? Get to it!" Then she's gone and I make my way over to the chalkboard to pick up a rag. 

The first couple of minutes pass in silence, as we both work on opposite ends of the classroom, but of course he doesn't stick to his side for long. 

"So, how long have you and Mulciber been together?" he asks casually, sidling up next to me. 

"That's none of your business." I say, because brushing him off his better than telling him the truth. Telling him that he uses me for sex and in turn I use him for sex as well. Because what's the point in trying for any semblance of a relationship when my future is already carefully planned out for me? My parents know exactly what the Voldemort has planned for me, but I've been left out of the loop for now. 

He puts his hands up in mock surrender. "Just trying to make some friendly conversation."

I scoff, rolling my eyes at him. "Friendly conversation? Since when has anything between us been friendly?"

"Fine. I won't ask you any more polite questions. Instead, I'll just be a complete asshole to you. Is that what you want?"

"It's never stopped you before, so just continue being an ass, it's what you do best."

A smirk spreads across his face. "Actually what I do best is seducing girls."

"I highly doubt that." 

"Really? Want to put that to the test?" He challenges. 

He starts to take steps towards me and I take steps backwards. "No thank you. I'd rather have the cruciatus curse used on me." Then I whirl around and start to head to the classroom door. 

"Where are you going?!" He calls out after me. 

"Back to my common room! I'm done with this."

*****

Sirius' POV

"DON'T look in her eyes, Sirius. She might steal your soul." James warns as we're lounging around the Gryffindor common room and I'm telling them about my detention with y/n. 

"Don't be ridiculous James." Lily says, swatting her boyfriend playfully.

"It's not ridiculous, Lils." James argues. "Everyone knows her parents are Death Eaters and they're in with You-Know-Who. They went to school with him, they're probably best friends. She's basically on the same path."

"I don't know about that..." I start, twirling my rings around my fingers. "I don't think she's like her parents. She puts up a hard exterior for everyone but there's something about her eyes. Something different, softer, maybe a little sad. Like she's trapped in a life she doesn't want."

James raises his arms in the air dramatically. "See! You've looked in her eyes and now you're just spewing nonsense. I mean a soft Slytherin? Next you're gonna tell me you're in love with her or something."

"I'm not." I defend. "I just don't think we should judge someone based solely on their parents. I mean, you know what my parents are like, but you're still friends with me."

"He has a point." Remus says. 

"Okay. Then answer me this. If she's not like her parents, why is she a Slytherin?"

I fall silent at that. I mean, I'm sure there's a logical explanation for that. Sure, most dark wizards have come from Slytherin but it's not like the only requirement for Slytherin is the potential for evil and a thirst for power. James takes my silence as an answer and comes up with one of his own.

"She's just the same as any other Slytherin. Blood thirsty and a supporter of pure-blood supremacy. And the only reason you're thinking any differently is because you probably want to fuck her. Like you have some bucket list where you want to cross the Slytherin box off."

I shake my head at him, standing up. "I don't want to fuck her." I state, although I wouldn't be completely opposed to the possibility. I may not exactly like her or be a fan of hers, but I can admit that she's hot. "I just think that there's something deep inside her that she doesn't want anyone else to see."

*****

A/N: My enemy banter is terrible, so sorry about that.