8: "Your first.."

"Arthit? Kongpob?" Bright asks as he comes into the room, interrupting our.. Well, whatever it is. "I saw you guys come in here, but then you didn't come back out and I was wondering if you need some help with whatever you're trying to find."

I widen my eyes at Kongpob, unwilling to tell Bright what he has just interrupted and Kongpob widens his eyes back at me too.

He slides over, pretending that he's looking at something over Bright's shoulder, letting our toes touch as Bright continues speaking.

"I just thought it seemed quite suspicious too!" He raises an eyebrow and looks between us, "You two vanishing in here together like this. Is there something going on that I should know about?"

I'll say we were looking for post-its? Kongpob thinks and I nod slightly even as I give Bright a falsely cheerful smile and say, "No worries, Bright. We were actually just looking for something."

"Oh, really? What?" I always forget how intrusive this guy is. He always pushes for answers and details and doesn't give up until he gets them.

"Just post-its!" I reply, trying to stay focussed as Kongpob laughs inside my head.

"Oh?" Bright cocks his head and looks between us suspiciously, "And it's taking you so long, why?"

Say we're looking for the special shaped ones from the last collection?

"We were looking for the guitar shaped ones from the heavy metal collection from last year." I say and Bright widens his eyes.

"The ones we sold out of?"

"Uhh.. yeah, those ones." I stutter, wondering what Kongpob is doing saying that when we had all gotten the same memo that they had sold out. There's no way Bright will believe us and he's such a huge gossip that everyone in the office will know that Kongpob and I were skulking around in the store room for no good reason. Then the rumours will start and...

I've got some, don't worry.

I glance over at Kongpob in surprise and he gives me a tiny wink and motions over to Bright.

"Yeah, well, we found a little stash actually," I say and Kongpob holds out his hand with a set of the notes in it.

"You did?" Bright reaches for them and tugs them away from Kongpob, eyes lighting up, "I really thought they were all gone, with them being special edition and all."

"It's cool, Bright, they always keep a few around if you know where to look. I just.. forgot where to look so Arthit said he'd help me!"

"Oh, well that definitely explains why you were in here so long, and," he gives us both a quick once over, "I suppose they were well hidden which explains your rumpled clothing."

Don't look so shocked!

I make my face blank as I nod at Bright and then we all follow in a line out of the storage room as Bright holds the bright pink guitar post-its high above his head and yells to the office, "They were looking for the special edition notes! And look, they found some!"

A few people smile or clap their hands briefly, but luckily, no-one is as interested in us as Bright was and we can escape to our desks without any further interrogation.

As I turn to go to mine, Kongpob lets his hand rest on my shoulder briefly, Meet me on the roof during lunch break? I think we still have a lot to talk about.

I incline my head, a shuddering feeling in my stomach as I think about the word 'sex' and how loud it had sounded in that tiny room even though I'd only whispered it.