"Then why did he say that?" he asked, looking confused. "Because he wanted to find something to hurt you. But he can't do that" I assured him. "Why?" he questioned. "Because now you know what he said isn't true.  And you don't have to listen to what Harry or any of the kids at school have to say about you or our family. " I said, and he smiled, nodding. 

"Wanna finish the game?" I suggested, taking the subject elsewhere to get his mind off what happened. "Yeah!" he said excited, beginning to explain the rules he had made up. 

~~~

It was Monday morning and the situation at school was...well... awkward. Aiden and I were trying to find ways to sneakily be with each other all day without having the guys realise anything, and then we had the situation of Bryan who was being flirty all the time, and I had to remind myself to pretend I hate Aiden.  

"What are we doing after school?" Parker asked and the atmosphere of the table got heavy really quick. Did I mention Axel had decided to sit with us during lunch? "I don't know about you guys, but I'm going home, I have studying to do" Maya said. "Yeah, I think I'm going home too" Jagger said, their eyes locking for a split second. Ah...home. 

"You got studying to do too?" Parker teased him, "No, just your mom" Jagger said back, making Parker throw his water bottle on him. 

"Aiden? Evelyn?" he turned his attention to us. We shared a look, not knowing how to respond. "I'll come" Aiden said, shrugging his shoulders. "Is Lindsay coming?" Noah asked, sighing "I don't know, I haven't spoken with her" he replied. My heart ached at the mention of her, but I tried to push it aside. 

"Evelyn?" Noah turned to me. "Yeah I'll come" I quietly said. Axel hadn't taken his eyes off me the entire time and I wasn't sure how to react. Once we set the plan we walked back to class, as the bell had rang. 

~~~

"What a fucking day, man" Ivory said, as we were walking out of school. "I know" I agreed, not paying much attention to what she was saying as I was looking for Axel. "Are you sure you want to walk back? Bailey said she has no problem taking us" Ivory told me and I shook my head. "It's okay, really, I want to walk. The weather is coming down soon, I want to enjoy it while it lasts" I replied. 

Bullcrap. I wasn't in fact walking home, but I couldn't tell her that. Aiden had offered to drive me back so that we could actually have some alone time, but for the sake of being safe -and since we still didn't know who the birdy that had sent Lindsay to me was- we decided not to tell the guys about that. 

"By the way, do you know if A-Bryan left early today?" I corrected myself before I caused more problems. See, the plan was I'd walk for a bit, leave the others at the parking, and Aiden would meet me at the next block. Sounds good? Well, that can't happen if Axel spots me, because chances are he'll offer to take me home and the weather excuse wouldn't be convincing enough. 

Things were weird, so I didn't want to make him think I was avoiding him. That would make him suspicious and then we'd have a serious problem if he started adding dots and putting the pieces together. 

All that said, the fact that I didn't have any classes with him today made me quite anxious, as I was unaware of his whereabouts. "I'm not sure if he left yet, but I know he had a class with the witch so chances are he's still here" Ivory replied, referring to our chemistry teacher. Thank the heavens. 

We reached the parking and I said my goodbye's with everyone, receiving a wink from Aiden when I went over to hug him 'goodbye'. And like that, I was on my way, sprinting like a mad man. 

One block later, I spotted a certain black Guilia and smiled. Aiden must've seen me from the mirror, because he instantly walked out, coming to the other side of the car to find me. "Hey beautiful" he greeted me and I smiled, shyly. "Hey" my hands went around his torso and I hid my face in his shirt, loving the feeling. His arms went around me, and he placed a kiss on my head. 

"Ready to go?" he asked after a few moments. "Sure" I replied and before I could do anything, he reached forward and opened my door. "What a gentleman" I teased him and he made a face, mocking me. 

"How was your day?" he asked me once we were on the road, after a moment of silence. "It was good" I simply replied, looking out the window. I could smell her perfume inside the car, and it was driving me crazy. I knew the facts, I but I couldn't stand the thought of me not being the only girl in his mind. "Is Lindsay coming later?" I asked, even tough he had already answered that question earlier. "Is that why you're quiet?" he asked as we stopped at a red light. "No" I replied, knowing damn well he could tell I was lying. 

He sighed, taking his hands off the wheel for a moment. "You know I don't want her to come. But if she does, I can't stop her, she'll start suspecting shit." he explained, and I kept my gaze away from him. "Will you tell her to?" I asked and he shook his head. "I don't know" he said, and I nodded. 

His frustration was evident and I hated the atmosphere that I had created. This was supposed to be our time together and now we couldn't even look at each other. The rest of the ride was silent, and the atmosphere was heavy. 

We reached our driveway and Aiden stopped the car, but didn't make a move to open the locks and let me out. He fisted his hair, looking down at his feet. "This..." he started, but paused "...we can only work if you trust me" he said and I instantly reached for my shirt, nibbling with the bottom. 

"I do trust you" I muttered and I meant it. "Then what's the problem?" he asked, turning to look at me. "She is! I know you have to 'be' with her until we have a solution but I can't stand it. I can't stand seeing her with you" I confessed, not daring to look at him. 

He nodded, pursing his lips. "I don't understand what you want me to do." he simply said, not looking at me. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You're describing something that's out of my control, you know that right?" he stated and I frowned."I can't stop seeing her until something is done about this" he continued, his tone slightly raising. 

"I didn't ask you to!" I said, my voice raising as well, unsure of where this conversation was leading to.  "What do you want me to do, then?" he turned to me. "Are you doing other things with her?" my voice came out weak, I didn't know how to get the words out. 

"Things? What things?" he asked and I sighed. "You know what I'm talking about" I said, getting frustrated. "I'm not fucking her if that's what you want to know" he replied, and I was taken aback by his word choice, but was relieved to receive that answer nonetheless. 

I nodded, a thought coming in my head. "She'll get suspicious if you keep this up" my voice was something louder than a whisper. "What?" he seemed stunned by the sentence that came out of my mouth. "If you don't-" 

"-No, I heard you. I just don't understand where this is leading to" he said, before I could repeat myself. "I don't either" I replied. "Let's just drop it for now, there's no reason for this conversation to continue" he said and I nodded, but the car remained locked. 

I looked at him expectingly, motioning to him to open the doors. "I'm not letting you leave like this" he said, putting his seat back. "Come 'ere" he said, and tapped on his lap. With some very intricate motions, I managed to get to his lap without breaking the gear.

He slightly removed my hair from my face, rubbing circles on my cheeks. I let out a breath I was holding and smiled. "I promise this will end soon. It will" he assured me, and I nodded. "I just need you to be patient and always remember I love you" he asked. "I do" I said and he smiled, bringing my head close so that he could kiss my forehead. 

I grasped the opportunity to lean on his shoulder, and he put one arm around my head, and another around back, rubbing it soothingly. 

"I don't want this to end because of her" I  suddenly said, and I tightened my grip around his neck, my eyes getting teary. "I won't let it" he stated, leaving a kiss on my head. 

And just like that, I felt safe.  

~~~

Hello wonderful people

I'm alive (almost), and as promised I'm trying to continue with the updates. I hope all is well with y'all, and if not always remember my inbox is open for all. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you did please leave a Vote/comment!

Have a great weekend everyone, see u in the next one <3