Epilogue

I tied my blue tie to go with my black suit. As I look in the mirror, I feel guilty. I'm feeling guilty, sad and angry. That's the more emotion I've ever felt. I liked her, and I feel so stupid for not seeing that prick.

It has been a few days since the accident, and I haven't left my office. Of course, I killed the person who did this with no hesitation. My father sent them which is obvious.

I think I was beginning to love someone, and he stole that.

A tear rolls down my cheek as I think of her.

Her lovely long brown hair matched perfectly with her sparkling blue eyes that someone could get lost in. How her dimples used to show every time she was really happy.

I was brought back to reality by a knock on the door.

"Come in," I answered.

Kate opened the door and she was wearing a beautiful laced black dress. I tried my best to smile for her.

"Are u ready to go?" She asked quietly.

I nodded and took her hand in mine before locking my door.

We walked downstairs and every guard was dressed in black. When I asked where Mario was, I was told he was already in the limousine.

Kate and I got into the car and Mario was wiping tears off of his face. I had never seen him cry before. Sure, he's been sad before but I don't think he has ever felt this much pain.

We didn't say anything to each other because we knew better. Five minutes later, the driver got inside and drove off.

Many cars were falling behind us because all of the guards would be attending. I also called some of Anna's relatives and invited them.

As we were driving through the city, I saw the book shop and immediately thought of her.

She loved books so much that she could read ten in a week. She went to that place religiously and I'd say she would have worked there if she never met me.

I thought of what her life would be if she never met me. She wouldn't be dead right now, that's for sure.

She'd be in college, with many friends and working in the book shop. She'd be happy and not terrified every second of the day.

She would still be here.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the car door being slammed. I was the only person left in the car.

I took a few deep breaths. "You can do this," I thought.

I walked to the place everyone else was standing and introduced myself to some of Anna's relatives.

Song recommendation: The night we met - Lord Huron slowed down

Soon the ceremony started and the priest started talking about what we were doing here today.

I was then called to say a few words.

I grabbed the microphone from him and took out a sheet of paper that I had written on.

Glancing through it, I decided to just speak my mind.

"When I first met Anna, I thought she was the most beautiful girl. It was dark, but I could still see her blue eyes shining. I'll admit I bumped into her on purpose." I spoke and then everyone laughed while tears trickled down their cheeks.

"Anna was an amazing person and anyone who got to meet her would say the same thing. All she wanted for people, was for them to be happy." I said, taking a break to breathe.

"She would be so happy to know that all of us are gathered here to honour her name today." I smiled.

I looked down at the casket, and my face was saddened.

"I love you Anna Hunt, and I wish I said it sooner," I said quietly.

I stood beside Kate while she was saying something in case she needed me. After all three of us said some words.

Her family members came up one by one and said their goodbyes before throwing calcudulas, her favourite flowers on top I the casket.

I went up one more time to say my very last goodbye.

"Anna, I'll see you in another lifetime, I promise," I said before I kissed the casket.

Kate took my hand while the casket was being lowered to the ground.

I heard people's cries but all I could focus on was the casket.

When it was fully down, people started leaving one by one. Kate, Mario and I stayed for a few minutes longer.

There wasn't anything more to see though but we were just frozen in time, I guess.

We eventually had to leave and we went straight home, too sad to go to the reception.

The house was silent from that point on. No one said a word for hours. We all just did our things.

As I sit here and I'm writing in my journal, tears are dripping onto the page.

Dear Anna,

I know you're probably long gone now but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything.

I know you'll never get this letter but I hope you know that I should of let you go the second I saw you. It was selfish, but I don't regret it.

I don't regret ever doing it because I would've never talked to you. I would've never loved you or even liked you.

I'm sorry that I didn't say it earlier or I didn't do anything. I didn't know what it was, I couldn't believe that anyone could ever make me feel like that.

Now that I know what it was, I will never let that feeling for you go.

Never.

I will never love another soul as I love you, Anna Hunt.

Your an angel to humanity and you deserved way more than what happened.

You may have not done the oath but you will always be one of us. We all love you so much and will miss you.

I'll be thinking of you every day Tesero.

Rest in peace, love.