Fall for someone

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ to begin feeling attracted to someone ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"One more."

"This was your fifth bowl. You need serious help."

Hina and I were huddled against each other, the comforter barely keeping us warm. Thick, dark clouds covered the sky, and they resembled my mood quite accurately. At this point, Lady and the Tramp— the movie we decided to watch together— was one of the last things I was focusing on.

It had been a whole week since I tried to reach out to anyone that was anyhow connected to Mikey, and Mikey himself. Part of me felt extremely guilty, but the other part was still not ready to hold a conversation with them. Hina was currently my only source of peace and stability.

Also, my fifth bowl of ice cream.

"It's going to rain again."

"Why do you look so miserable? Like you lost your dog or something. Have you even showered in these past few days?"

I let out an offended gasp, shoving her shoulders harshly.

"I'm perfectly fine."

There was a brief pause, both of us unable to strike up a conversation. The soft thunders outside were strangely calming, a sense of comfort radiating from the gloomy weather.

"Y/N...." I started eating faster, knowing all too well that Hina was probably going to pull out a sensitive topic. "I know you're ignoring Draken entirely but he's concerned—"

I didn't want to hear any of it.

"No."

"Listen. He hasn't done anything wrong. He mentioned you in the group chat pretty often too, so give him a chance to explain Mikey's side, yeah? And I'm sure he's worried about both of you and—"

"About Mikey, yes. Draken and I were never really close enough for him to be 'worried' about me." I knew I'd go overboard if I continued speaking, because I was unable to control my emotions lately. That was what happened when I refused to speak to anybody about what was bothering me.

"Don't say that... I know that you want to talk to him." Before I could deny her claim, she hushed me, "And Mikey."

I opened and closed my mouth, hilariously similar to that of a fish. No words came out, because she wasn't wrong, and I couldn't bring myself to lie. Yes, I did want to talk to Mikey, but my ego had other plans. It was painfully embarrassing to face a person after almost breaking down in front of them, because of them.

Hina had always been impartial, so when she said that I shouldn't have made that much of a scene, I believed her blindly. The difficult part was that, if I were given the chance to relive that evening again, I'd do the same thing.

Maybe I was born with terrible luck or something, because what were the odds of me meeting a boy whose brother was the leader of a gang that was partially the reason my dad fucking died....? Not cool. Minus ten points as I ended up getting attached and that was the whole reason why I felt like a void that was just swallowing junk food like a vacuum.

Crazy.

Wattpad cringe ass short story worthy.

"You won't find a better day to meet up with him. I'll be here with you if anything goes wrong, but I'm sure talking to Draken will help. And since it's hard for you to contact Mikey, he will surely explain his condition to you too." She paused for a moment, scanning my face to judge my reaction. "It's the first time I'm seeing you genuinely give a fuck about men, I hope things go well for you."