Chapter 14

"Liam can you please pass me a piece of bread before Anthony malls it. He looks like he's about to attack." Ruth asked. Anthony laughed and handed it to her not wanting to trouble Liam. "So Niall, you're from Ireland?" Anthony asked smiling at him sweetly. "Yeah moved here when I was about 7 after my dad was killed." Niall answered loading his plate with salad.

"Oh I'm sorry." Anthony said giving him a sad smile. Honestly for once Anthony wasn't trying to one up Liam, he genuinely was taking an interest in Niall. "It was all my fault too." He breathed shaking his head. "How did you and Liam meet?" He asked. "Mutual friends. We went to some of the same events." He explained.

That wasn't the whole truth, but he couldn't say 'I was whoring around for money then I met Liam by accident and we fell in love when I was being his arm candy for the night.' "Anthony will you quit interrogating my boyfriend." Liam groaned. It was a good thing everyone else was talking amongst themselves so they didn't draw too much attention.

Anthony frowned a bit and nodded looking down at his food "God I just wish I had one brother." Liam mumbled. Niall closed his eyes trying to stay calm. "You will take that back right now Liam before I leave. You've got this big wonderful supportive family and you've got the nerve to say that?!" The blonde was fuming and everyone was staring at him now. "My grandparents on my moms side disowned me, my stepfather beat me every night, and my mom abandoned me, all because I liked men. You've got this supportive group of amazing people and you take advantage of it. God Liam some times you're so... Ungrateful. I would give anything just to be able to hug my brother again, just to see him for a few minutes and tell him I love him."

"Niall not at the dinner table, sit down." Liam mumbled, Niall had stood up some time during his rant. "No Liam I can't sit here between you two and listen to this, I just want everyone to be happy. Can't you two just end this?" He saw a few nods of agreement come from the other people at the table, but Liam wouldn't say sorry in his eyes he didn't do anything wrong. "Niall I said sit down!" He ordered and pulled Niall down by the shoulder. "Don't you ever touch me or talk to me like that again." Niall said getting up and found his jacket before he ran outside into the rain.

"Excuse my language but you are being a right Prick." Anthony mumbled. He opened his mouth to talk again and that's when he felt Liam's fist collide with his face. "Why can't you just let me be happy!" The younger brother screamed as he delivered another punch. "Liam, stop that right now. Don't you dare lay another finger on your brother." Karen warned. Liam fell back into his seat and just started sobbing into his hands as he shook his head.

They had no clue what to do, Liam didn't cry. "Liam." Anthony whispered. He couldn't be pissed at Liam, especially when he was this upset. "He l-left." Liam cried. "I-I've never h-hurt him before. I pr-promised him I w-would never hurt him." Anthony moved into Nialls seat and pulled Liams shaking body into his side trying to soothe his little brother.

Liam cried into his brothers shoulder for a few minutes before he sprang up "I need Niall, I need to find him." He said quickly wiping his eyes as he walked toward the door. Liam was worried for his baby, it was cold and raining and Niall could not get sick.

"Niall, baby." Liam called walking out of the door into the rain as lightning lit up the evening sky. That was another thing Niall hated- storms. "Shit." Liam mumbled to himself and began to jog toward the swings thinking Niall might be there. "Niall!" He yelled surprisingly hearing a whimper in response from a small tree. Spotting Niall he kneeled down and sighed in relief.

"Oh Princess come here." He whispered and took off his jacket holding it out. Niall crawled out and let Liam wrap the jacket around him before he buried himself in Liam's chest. "I'm so sorry baby, I'm so so sorry I was pissed at Anthony and I took it out on you. I know it's no excuse but Niall please don't ever run away like that again you had me worried sick. Come on let's finish eating and I'll make you some tea. We can stay here tonight yeah?"

Niall nodded and looked up at Liam as he sniffled "Will you snuggle me?" He asked in a whisper. "Of coarse that's what I'm here for baby." He assured standing up holding Niall close still. Liam knew Niall was feeling a bit stressed and he'd need extra cuddles and love but he didn't mind. Liam walked into the house and put Niall down kissing his nose "Remember I love you, you're my one and only sweetheart." He reminded.

Niall giggled and nodded before taking the coats off. When they walked back no one was acting awkward everyone was still eating an having a good time. Having 5 kids the Paynes had witnessed their fair share of tiffs between couples. "Niall do you want some carrots honey?" Karen asked as the two boys took their seats.

"Yes I would love some. Your cooking is delicious." He complimented. They continued eating talking about everything and nothing as Liam held Nialls hand under the table.

Once most of the food was gone and no one could eat anymore Niall helped Karen clean the table despite her pleads for him to just sit down. "Princess." Liam said walking in the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Niall's waist as he dried the dishes Karen handed him.

Niall giggled and put down a dish "Li I'm busy babe." He whined. Liam chuckled "Sorry you just look beautiful tonight." He said kissing the smaller bot quickly. "Li you're gonna stay for desert right?" Karen asked glancing at them with a smile. "Yeah Ma I think we're gonna stay here, I'm too tiered to drive home and we took the truck so Niall can't drive." He informed.

"It's not my fault I'm too tiny to reach the petal." Niall mumbled. "Oh shhh you. You know how much I love how tiny you are." He reassured his little boyfriend. The blonde smiled widely and turned around to kiss Liam's cheek. "Stop distracting me!" He insisted. "I'm trying to help your mother, she cooked she shouldn't have to clean everything." He reasoned.

"Don't tell anyone else but Niall is my favorite out of every boyfriend or girlfriend anyone has brought home." Karen said cleaning the last dish. Niall giggled softly and dried the plate before giving her a hug "Love him." Karen mouthed to Liam over his shoulder.

"Darling come on let's go up to my room then we can come back and help my mom set up for desert ok?" Liam asked wrapping his arm around Niall's shoulder. "Ok I guess." He said letting Liam pull him to the room. He had a feeling they would be doing more then just watching the game.