Five wipes the chocolate away with his thumb.

"See?"

Five shows me his thumb but there was nothing on it.

"Five there is nothing on your th-."

But before I could finish my sentence Five grabs my hand and blinks us downstairs. We walk to our seats and stand behind them. Everyone looks at us as we wait for our father to come in. I look at Klaus and Ben and see they both have smirks on their faces. Ben gives me a thumbs up and Klaus gives me a wink. I was confused until I look down and see Five was still holding my hand. I give Five a little kick on his foot. He looks over at me and I look down at our hands. Five also looks down at our hands and a smirk comes on his face. I smile a little and blush. A few moments later Dad comes in. He looks at Mom and then at all of us.

"Sit," Dad says.

I was about to pull out my chair when Five beats me to it. I smile and mouth the words thanks to him. I get in my chair in between Five and Vanya. We all eat quietly as the record player plays some boring lesson. I look at everyone while I continue to eat. Luther and Allison were staring at each other and smiling, like how they do every dinner, Diego was carving something into his chair, Klaus was rolling a joint, Ben was reading, and Vanya was just looking down at her food while eating. I look at Five and see he is staring at Dad. He also still has his hand in mine. He draws little circles with his thumb on the back of my hand. A few seconds later Five picks up his knife and stabs it into the table. I jump slightly but Five squeezes my hand telling me it's okay.

"Number Five?" Dad asks. He doesn't even lookup.

"I have a question."

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

Five pushed his plate away from him causing everyone to look up.

"Oh boy this is going to go good," I whisper.

"I want to time travel!"

"No."

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said."

Five lets go of my hand and then spatial jumps over to Dad.

"See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn," Dad says unamused.

"Well, I don't get it," Five says with a scoff.

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

Five looks over at Vanya and I. Vanya shakes her head no and I roll my eyes. Does she really think that is going to stop him?

"I'm not afraid," Five says.

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore," Dad says as he pushes away his plate.

Five looks at me one more time and I nod my head. I get up from my chair and walk to Five. He grabs my hand and we run towards the front door.

"Number Five! Number Eight! You haven't been excused! Come back here," Dad yells.

We ignore Dad and I flip him off one last time before we walk out the door. Five and I run out the gates of the academy into the streets. Five turns to look at me and grabs my other hand.

"Are you sure you want to come? I mean what if something goes wrong? What if I can't come back and I get stuck?"

"Then you will get stuck with me. I want to come with," I say with a smile.

Five smiles back and we run down the street. He puts his hands together and jumps us somewhere. The whole street looks completely different. Everything was so colorful. We definitely weren't in 2002 anymore.

"You did it," I say excitedly.

"Not ready, my ass," Five says with a scoff before he jumps us again.

This time it was really cold and snowing outside. We look around at all the stores and people. We continue to walk down the street and Five jumps us once more. I gasp when I see everything. This time there was no snow or people walking down the street. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing. All the buildings were destroyed and on fire. Smoke filled the air and you couldn't even see the blue sky anymore. Cars were burnt down and stores were just in piles of rubble.

"Five... Five what is this?" I ask as we look around.

"I- I don't know."

I let go of Five's hand and walk to one of the damaged cars. I look inside but no one was in there. I touch the car door but it just collapses to the ground. I jump back a bit so it doesn't hit me. I was starting to get really scared. What happened here? And where is everyone? I look at Five and see him looking down the street.

"The academy," Five mumbles.

He grabs my hand and we run towards the academy. When we get there we look in shock. We stand in front of the place we called home. It was destroyed. The building was burned down and completely destroyed. Some of it even was still on fire. I felt tears come down my face as I look at the academy.

"Vanya," Five yells.

"Ben?!"

"Dad?!"

"Anyone?!"

No response.

"Five let's go back," I say.

Five grabs my hand and tries to spatial jump us but nothing happens.

"Come on," Five yells as he tries to get us out of here.

He tries again but it doesn't work.

"Shit," Five yells.

"Five..."

Five looks at me and sees that I am crying. He brings me into his arms and hugs me. I cry into his chest as he strokes my back. I can feel some of his tears fall onto my head.

"I am so sorry Y/N. I didn't mean for this to happen. I will get us back. I promise."