six

╮hurt feelings╰

╮hurt feelings╰

Aubrey laughed at the joke Guy told and tried to keep her head still so Connie could keep braiding. She tilted her head back when Connie gently pressed a finger on her forehead and pushed it back to started the other braid. She let her eyes fall shut and crossed her left leg over her right. Once Connie was done braiding her hair, she pushed herself off the bench and turned sideways to step over the it at the same time as Connie did.

She walked over to where Fulton stood by his locker and both of them blushed as they shyly smiled at each other. She tucked her black t-shirt into her sweatpants before tying the strings. She grabbed her shoulder pads from her hockey bag and pulling her them over her head. She adjusted the pads on her shoulders and sheepishly looked over at Fulton. She walked over to him while gripping the bottom of her pads.

"Can you tighten my pads for me, please?" she shyly asked and turned around so he could tighten them. She pulled her braids over her shoulders when she felt the tug of Fulton pulling at the strings and blushed when Connie smiled at her and glanced between them with her eyebrows raised. Connie puckered her lips at her and Aubrey's face quickly dropped into a pointed look as she silently begged her to stop.

"Stop," she mouthed and glanced back at Fulton as Connie continued to lean toward her. She sighed in relief when Connie stopped and jokingly rolled her eyes as Connie laughed.

"Are you busy after the game?" Fulton asked as he finished tying the strings of her shoulder pads and picked up the white athletic tape sitting in his locker.

"I don't think I am," Aubrey answered, gently pulling the tape from his hands and wrapping it around his wrist when he held it out to her.

"Let's go do something," Fulton suggested as he put the tape back into the locker after Aubrey had finished. She bit at the inside of her cheek as she flattened the tape against the wrist and looked up at him.

"Like, us go out as a date?" Aubrey asked, smiling up at him as she ignored the burning blush that quickly crept up her neck and cheeks. She pulling her jersey from her locker and balling it in her hands before looking back at him.

"If you want it to be a date, it can be a date," Fulton smiled, tilting his head forward to let his hair fall over his shoulders and in front of his red flushed face. He tugged at the bottom of his pads and ducked his head. He laughed once before slightly lifting his head and looking at her through his hair.

"Um, a boyfriend and girlfriend kind of date," Aubrey started, blushing as she fought back an airy laugh by pressing her lips together when Fulton looked up at her with a coy smile, "or, like, two friends going on a date kind of date?"