the morning after

Amelia's pov ;

I woke up cuddle up to what i suspected was the love of my life. " Goodmorning. Look who's finally awake." She said and it startled me. "How long have you been awake??" I asked. "About 30 minutes but i didn't want to wake you. Your snore is so cute and you were so peaceful." She said. "What?? I do not snore Zona." I said. "You do too. But its okay love." She said and i gave a half hearted smile. "What?? I told you it was cute." Me and her laughed.

Arizona's pov ;

Me and Amelia got ready for work this morning and headed out. When we made it to work Bailey paged me to her office.  "Bye baby. Have a good day." I turned around but she was already gone. "Bailey? What's up?" I asked. "Big case today Robbins." She said. "Yeah. I dont know if this ones gonna pull through." I said thinking about the mother whos baby was still in the womb yet has a heart condition. I had to work with Teddy and Owen for this case. I walked out of Bailey's office once we finished talking. I saw Amelia in the hallways. "Hey baby how's your day going?" I asked. "Oh, uh hi Arizona. It's going okay." She said with a half hearted smile. I could tell something was wrong. "Amelia i know you. "okay" seems a bit of an overstatement." I said. "I'm fine Zona. Hey! Big case today right. Hope it goes well." She said changing the subject. weird. "Yeah, Yeah, big case." I said a bit upset. "Okay well i have to go bye!" She said. "Bye." I said.

Amelia's pov ;

Oh my god. oh. my. god. How was I supposed to tell Arizona that Owen was still inlove with me. I mean we've been over for awhile and we got like divorced and what not but i honestly don't know how i feel. I mean this just made me question my entire existence. I should choose Arizona right? Yeah. I think. Arizona was in surgery right now with Owen. Yeah and Teddy but that's besides the point. No one knows me and Arizona are a thing yet except April. I almost told mer but again, not the point. What if Owen decides to make conversation during surgery about how he's so inlove with me and how he would marry me again and spend the rest of his life with me. And Arizona would just have to sit there saying absolutely nothing. I hate myself.

Arizona's pov ;

Me, Teddy and Owen were in surgery. The procedure was going smoothly until the mother started bleeding out. She was in V-fib. "CHARGE TO 200." Owen said. The electrical shock went through but then she started flatlining. "What the hell??? Was there something we missed??" I said. "Oh my god look." Teddy said assertively. "An Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm. Shit she's not going to make it. We have to save the baby." I said. "Actually. I don't think theres anything we can do for either. If we open the baby up anymore it will bleed out aswell. We just have to wait it out." Teddy said. "What??!! No, we have to do something! There can just be nothing!" I said almost screaming. "She's right Robbins. There's nothing we can do." Owen said. I threw off my gown, gloves and head gear and ran out. Amelia saw me running in the hallways practically crying. "Hey, hey baby what's wrong?" She asked. "I just want to go home." I said breaking down.

Amelia's pov ;

Me and Arizona made it home after she broke down in the hospital. She told me she lost a paitent ln the way home. I tried to comfort her in the best way. "You want to cuddle?" I said comforting. "Yes please." She said sniffling. We both walked to the couch and i wrapped mt arms around her thinking about Owen. Was it so wrong to still have something for him? I mean not that i do. Or maybe i do. I tried not to. I'm just going to hold off on telling her. Today wasn't a good day for her.