chapter 10

5 years later
Josie and Hope were sitting in their living room in the basement Elena Kol and Heaven went out. Caroline and Klaus went to talk to witches. And Rebekah wanted a date night with Marcel. Freya was sitting with Elijah Hayley Keelin and Nik in the living room. While Lizzie was in her studio working on designs.

"Your so emotional Jo-Jo." Hope was just teasing she loved how much Josie cared about things and she knew what this day meant to her and some other members in the house hold and that it was not an easy day for them.

Josie glarred at her she loved her girlfriend but this was not helping. Especially with what this day meant to them."Come on you know what day it is i always get emotional on the anniversarry of my uncle and cousin's death. Why do you think Kol took Elena and Heaven out." She knew that every year he did his best to distract Elena because this was not an easy day for her.

"Josie." Hope whinned she didn't like the day either she didn't like how it made them feel.

Josie took a breath she knew that this wasn't an easy day for Hope either."I know i know you don't like it either but we can't just act like this day isn't hard for people in this house its why Lizzie is hard at work. Elena gets emotional on this day that was her baby and her husband its not something that she can easily forget." She knew that her aunt had another family now but that didn't mean that she forgot about the old one. Or that it still didn't hurt."Even my mom gets emotional Damon was her brother and they did have a bond not a lot of people understood she fufilled his dying wish." She knew that her mother had tried really hard to keep her brothers dying wish."I know that some people don't understand that my mom and my aunt got remarried but i'm happy that they did. It was part of his wish for both of them." Josie was one of the only people besides Caroline who knew what his wish had been.

"What was his dying wish?" Hope was intrigued Josie had never mentioned this before. She didn't get what she meant by it was his wish for both of them/

"You can not let my mom know that you know ok." Josie didn't want Caroline to get mad it wasn't something that she shared she hadn't even wanted Elena to know.

"Fine." She wouldn't tell Caroline she wouldn't tell anyone that she knew."What was it?"

Josie took a breath no secrets was one thing they stuck to in their relationship."That she get Elena and if Stefanie was alive her out of Mystic Falls and make sure she moves on no matter who it is because if anyone is going to see the best in someone its gonna be her." Josie knew it was true if anyone could see the best in someone it was Elena. And she was happy that her mom had kept his wish it was a great one.

"Really." Hope smiled no matter who it was.

Josie nodded that was a secret not even Elena knew. She understood why her mom hadn't told her."And for her to be happy even if it was with your dad." She knew that her uncle had been a great person in the end and was happy that he cared so much about his sister in la happiness.

"I wish i could have met him before he died." Hope whispered she had heard great things about him and wished that she could have met him.

"He used to be a horrible person but he changed for my aunt."Josie thought back to the story of there past that she had learned it was a complicated one but it was  a great one all the same."Just like your uncle did."

"She has a way with guys." Hope nodded she knew her uncle was crazy but somehow she changed for Elena.

"That she does." Josie nodded her aunt was good at seeing best in guys that others couldn't see anything good in."Do not tell anyone i told you that." Josie didn't know if her mother would ever bring it up to anyone else maybe one day.
--
Elena Kol and Heaven were walking through the french quarter. Heaven was walking ahead of them and Elena was doing her best to keep a watchful eye."Your doing it again?" Kol knew that she worried for Heaven and that something would happen.

Elena looked over at him."Doing what?" She didn't get what he was talking about.

"Worrying that something is going to happen and stressing because of it." He hated seeing her stressed he knew that she was always worrying because of what had happened to Stefanie.

"I am not stressing." Elena lied she knew it was a lie she was stressed she always was going to live in constant fear of something happening to her daughter.

He nodded he knew that it worried her because she was scared that something else was going to happen but nothing else would."You are stressing because your scared that if you take your eye off of her then something is going to go wrong but nothing is."
--
Caroline and Klaus were meeting with witches again. They always met with witches secretly because she wanted to finally give her best friend closure."Still nothing?"

"I'm sorry Caroline but i can't find a Stefanie Salvatore anywhere." The witch was sorry how many witches Caroline had visited or times she had came to them to try and figure out what had happened to Stefanie but she didn't have anything to tell them and for that she was truly sorry.

This was never easy to Caroline but she knew Elena got tired of getting the same answer she needed to give her best friend some sort of closure before she could truly move on."She died in a car accident did she go to hell or something she was only two and her mother never got to know whether she found peace or not. I don't know if my niece ever found peace."

"I'm sorry there is nothing that we can do"

Caroline nodded and walked away with Klaus following her. He knew that it was hard for her continously getting the same answer."Luv you've been going to witches for a decade."

Caroline stopped she knew he was right it was frutile to keep looking but she didn't know what else to do."I just want to finally give her closure let her know that Stefanie passed on that she found peace with Damon. That they found peace so she can finally truly move on it was the only thing he ever really asked of me." After what Damon did for her mom and for her and Alaric when she was in italy and after everything she owed him this she owed them this."After everything he did for my mom and everything he did for Alaric when i was in italy i owe my brother this. I owe my best friend this you and him practically financed the whole school the boarding house was his home and he gave it up to us to use. Even though he could have been selfish and made us use somewhere else and saved that house for his family."
--
Hope was sitting on the couch talking to her mom when there was a knock at the door.  Josie and Lizzie were talking as well as all the other siblings they all stopped when the knock happened the only ones that weren't home were Kol Elena and Heaven and Caroline who had wanted some time to herself. She got up and opened it and seen a little girl with who she remembered as Bonnie."I thought you didn't like them."

"I don't like the decisions that Elena made but she is still my best friend is she here." Bonie had something very important that she needed to talk to Elena about she knew that it probably wouldn't go well but she had to do it.

"Kol and her took Heaven out who is this?" Hope was confused why Bonnie would bring a baby but she was impressed by the blue eyes not a lot of kids got those.

"I want my mommy."