Blacked out

• Jack •

Sage and I had been sat on the sofa talking for well over an hour when we finally had a break through. The atmosphere was starting to life between us and I could feel myself starting to relax.

'Do you want a hug?' I asked timidly afraid I may have misjudged the situation and made it worse.
Luckily I had judged the moment perfectly and Sage was soon curled up on my lap nestling her head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and brought her as close to me as I possibly could, pressing a gentle kiss to the top of her head.

'I don't like it when we fight' she mumbled and I kissed her head again.

'Me neither bubba'

Sage lifted her sleepy head up from my chest and looked at me, her eyes droopy and smile weak. I gave her a smile of my own and read her thoughts perfectly.
Scooping her up in my arms she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck as I carried her up stairs to the bedroom.
The duvet was already pulled back so I placed her in the bed and curled up behind her, slipping my clothes off before I got in.
I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her closer to me, peppering a few gentle kisses against her shoulder and neck.

'I love you baby' she mumbled quietly, I could almost hear the smile that was on its face.

'I love you and this baby even more' I replied, running my fingers over her stomach, chuckling to myself as I noticed the goosebumps that began to appear as a result of my touch.

'That tickles' Sage giggled gently, rolling over to face me and burry her head under my chin. I closed my eyes and immediately felt myself falling asleep, the sound of Sage's gentle breathing acting as a lullaby to me.

The next morning I awake before Sage. Untangling myself from her I got up and headed for the shower, preparing myself for a full on day of training. I did my hair and found my England tracksuit. I got myself dressed and headed downstairs, truth be told I wasn't feeling hungry, probably the first day back nerves so instead of my usual fruit pot I just grabbed an apple.

'Morning baby' Sage greeted me quietly from behind me, hugging my waist and pressing a kiss to my cheek.
Her hair was piled on top of her head in the worlds messiest bun and my jumper hung loosely around her small frame.

'Hello you' I smiled, turning around and picking her up I placed her onto the kitchen counter and kissed her, smiling against her gentle lips.

'When are you coming home?' Sage asked and I looked down at my phone, scanning over the routine for today and checking the various times.

'Maybe like, 9?' I replied, unsure of whether or not I'd be back at 9 or bloody midnight, I could never be certain and Sage knew this, but it didn't help, having just had a massive fight id like to be able to give her some comfort and certainty.

'Maybe I'll make a start on babies room with Megan today' Sage suggested and I nodded with a smile.

'Keep me posted' I picked her lips one last time and headed out the door jumping into my car and heading to training.
The day was going to drag on and on I knew it, but I didn't expect the slowed perception of time to start the minute I got into the car.

***

• Sage •

'So you made up?'

'Yeah, I suppose I was being stupid' I shrugged as myself and Megan sat in the babies room, admiring our work so far.

'The way you reacted is justified, you know that right?' She asked putting down her glass of water and looking at me with a serious expression on her face.

'Yeah, I just think maybe I shouldn't have walked off you know' I did my best to explain but Megan had always been the more fiery of the two of us so there was no wonder she was surprised at me backing down so quickly.

'Anyway' I patted my lap and stood up picking Teddy up from his position on the floor, he'd been doing tummy time whilst we decorated and organised the enormous amount of clothes I had bought.

'Let's take this little monkey, to the park' I smiled and we headed downstairs and into Megan's car.
The park was only down the road from Jack and Is new place so we probably could have walked.
The park was quiet and we wondered around the lakes, watching as teddy pointed at various things and giggled.

'Are you excited for the shitty nappies?' Megan laughed and I nudged her shoulder rolling my eyes. No I was not.

'And the sleepless nights, don't forget them' she added with a laugh.

'Your really selling this whole parenthood thing you know' I joked as we took a seat on the grass, throwing Teddy a ball we watched with admiration as he began to kick it around.

'He's a mini made already' I grinned and Megan agreed.

We spent the next hour or so sat chatting, catching up on everything we had missed since we hadn't seen each other for well over a month.
Sitting with Megan in the park was so peaceful, after the last few weeks it was exactly what I needed, I finally felt relaxed, calm and chilled.

'No Teddy you can't eat that' I was snapped out of my thoughts by Megan as she ran over to Teddy who was now attempting to eat a stick.
I couldn't help the laugh the burst out of my mouth as she marched back over with the now crying toddler.

'Dinner?' She asked with a deep breath, balancing Teddy on her hip. I agreed and stood up collecting my bag from the grass and following them back to the car.
I jumped into the car and we began the drive into town, deciding on McDonald's we parked up and headed in.

'That's Sage Grealish!' Someone shouted as we walked in and I snapped my head around to the left, fixating my eyes on the man who was now stood up and pointing at me.
I put my head down and hoped no one else has heard him but was soon surrounded by people shouting, pushing and asking for pictures.

I attempted to find Megan in the crowd but my anxiety levels were rising clouding my vision and fastening my breathing. I frantically looked around the small restaurant but to no success.
Suddenly a man with a large camera appeared in my face and I jumped back, losing my balance and falling to the floor.

Blackness crowded around my head and pushed in on me, more and more pressure began to build around my head until I had blacked out. A high pitched ringing was shooting through my ears as I felt my body being jolted around. I opened one eye and attempted to take in my surroundings but I was too dazed to know where I was.

'BMP at 45, babies at 32, emergency C section required'