chapter thirteen~ mother

(Lana pov)
The next morning I awoke to see y/n sleeping peacefully on her bed. She looked so cute all snuggled up in her blankets. Not wanting to disturb her I creeped past her room and went to get some coffee. There was no filming today so it would sure be more relaxing.

About 30 ish minutes later Emilie arrived, I asked her to come so we could talk about tutoring y/n privately. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be for her considering she has never been to school before. "Is she still asleep?" Emilie asked me. I sighed and nodded.

It was quite unusual for her to sleep in this long, but weve had a rough few days so I suppose it makes sense. "I want to show you something" Emilie said handing me some paper. "Her handwriting needs work, but the story she wrote was amazing... well, the start of it anyway.

I took the paper out her hand and read the beginning to the story over and over, wondering how someone who hasn't taken an English class in her life could write so beautifully. It was like each word meant something.

"This is amazing" I whispered. "What Is?" Y/n asked appearing from behind the door. "Morning sleepyhead" I laughed patting the seat next to me. She sat down and snuggled into my arms looking at her work and blushing. "You read it?" She said.

I nodded. "Y/n your talented... like... really talented" I said. She sunk back into my arms and smiled. "Lana, can I ask you a question?" I nodded and poisoned myself so I was facing her. Yet for some reason she seemed nervous when staring over to Emilie, as if she wanted privacy.

Luckily, Emilie got the hint and stood up slowly before heading to the bathroom. "what is it love?" I asked her. "Well, I know you want to know the truth about what happened to my mother" she whispered bluntly. This time I was the one blushing. "Well... today is actually the day she died, so I was wondering if we could go to her grave?" Y/n asked me.

I have to admit I was taken back by the question, it wasn't something you hear from a kid her age. Nevertheless I nodded and grabbed her nervous hands. "Of course" I said with a smile.

We got ready for the day and ate some cereal before heading out, Emilie had planned to set up a school room in one of the spare rooms in my apartment so I was excited to see that when we come back.

I knew this would be emotional for y/n, and considering I never knew her mother it would be awkward for me to just stand around. "Come with me" she said as we got out the car. "Really, I mean.... are you sure?" I said stuttering. She nodded and grabbed my hand, I felt fuzzy and warm insdie when she did.

We took baby steps across the grass in the graveyard before reaching the right stone. Written across the front was the name Hannah Y/S/N, and underneath it a language I didnt understand. Y/n seemed to, as she read it out in another tounge. "What is that?" I asked her. She turned to me and said. "Its Italian, we used to live in Italie, where my mama comes from" she said.

I guess you learn something new every day. "So, how did she pass?" I asked trying to sound sympathetic and somewhat understanding. I wanted her to know I could trust her. She fiddled with her fingers before walking over to a bench, I followed her and sat down, placing my hand in hers.

"When I was just five years old, mother got sick" she began. My heart dropped when a tear did out her eye. I wiped it away. "Papa told me to clear my toys away when I was done so mama would be safe, and most of the time... I did" I stared at her as she sunk, looking like a storm cloud was showering her.

"It was this exact day, 6 years ago when I didnt clear the toys away, and mama tripped. She fell down the stairs... she died"

I pulled the girl into a hug and felt myself crying. "That wasn't your fault honey" I said cradling her in my arms as she cried. "You were five" I then said. I needed her to understand that i  am there for her, and that she should never feel responsible for hannah's death, it was an accident. "It was the sickness that took her, not the fall"

Y/n nodded trying to agree with me but I could tell it wasn't going to he that easy. This girl really had a messed up life, and there was a lot more trauma I had to help fix.

"Before papa got... well... started drinking, we used to have special dinners to remember her. Our friends would come and it would he amazing" she admitted. Then suddenly an idea popped into my head, one that could make this day a whole lot more exciting. I just needed to get y/n out the way long enough to do it.

"How would you like to spend some time with colin, he got out the hospital yesterday" I said nervously. But she perked up and smiled. "I'd love that"

I called colin not long later, and explained my plan. He agreed to take care of her while I set it up. So he drove off to the park where they agreed to meet. "Hey kiddo" he said. Y/n ran over and hugged him, wich to be honest, I didn't see coming.