chapter six- what do you mean 'no'

(Jennifer's pov)
As lana wasn't answering any of my calls, me Josh and Ginny rushed to the hospital to check on colin, and if he was ok, get some answers. Because I sure wanted some. If my best friend wasn't picking up my calls then it had to be serious.

We arrived at the hospital faster than expected, and walked inside. The people took us to his room. "Colin" I said half walking half running up to him. He smiled and waved. "What happened?" Josh asked. We looked down at the cast over his leg, and the tissues of blood around it. "I got a attacked by an alien" he joked. I just stared at him annoyed. Trust him to make joked in a time like this.

"Its a long story, so you might want to sit down first" he suggested. So we did. And he began to tell his exactly what happened.

(ana pov)
When we arrived at the social services, I gently woke y/n up from her sleep; which was hard because she looked so cute. "Were here" I whispered. I wanted to see a smile on her face, but like always it was blank. I didn't blame the poor girl though, after everything that just happened.

The cops led us inside, and me to a waiting room. Y/n disappeared after that and it made me worried. "Are you lana parilla?" A woman asked me. I nodded and she gestured for me to follow her down the hall. We reached an office that looked kid friendly. It had little pictures of jungle animals across the wall, and more matching pillows in a box.

"Please take a seat" the woman gestured to me. I did just that and tapped my fingers on the wood nervously. She then sat down in front of me. "I heard you wanted to foster y/n" she said. "You can call me mira" she then said. "I'm going to be y/n social worker for a while" when she finished I nodded and said. "Yes, mira, I would like to foster her"

I was sure of it now, I wanted her to be mine. To wake her up every day and make her a plate of bacon and eggs. To comfort her when shes sad and to cheer her up when she needs it. This is what I wanted. "I'm sorry to say that you cant" the woman said. Her words hit me hard, like a cold breeze had just consumed  me. "I cant" I said in a slow shocked pace.

"You've heard the phrase its up to the child and much as the guardian?" She asked me. I nodded. "Well we asked y/n is she wanted you to foster her and she said no" the woman explained. I felt tears drop from my eyes. "What do you mean she said no!" I said angrily. "Miss parilla I know how this must feel but you have to consider what this girl has been through" mira said trying to calm me down, But now I want even listening.

"I suggest you go home lana, forget about this" she said before I left the office room. I stood there in the hallway, on my left was the path to the front door. I could leave, I could forget. But on my right somewhere was a girl who didn't realise how much she needed me, how much I needed her. I stood there for a while before turning to my right, and running down the corridor.

I looked around and ended up at a community office. "Can you help me find y/n, she just came in about 30 minutes ago: I asked the woman standing there. "Room 305, who are you?" She asked me. But i had already left and was sprinting my way down the corridor. The office woman ran after me. I ignored her and opened the door. "Look y/n" I said walking inside.

But as I looked up I noticed y/n wasn't there, no one was. The window to the room was wide open. The woman from before looked as shocked as I was until turning on her walkie talki and saying. "We have a runaway" in a sigh.