chapter one~ getting to know you

(Jennifer Morrison's pov)

I remember passing out hard last night, after finding our new actress I felt like all the weight was lifted of my shoulders. That I could finally breath. Yet what Lana told me was true, y/n didn't seem all that exited that she got the part, she didn't even seem bubbly towards us, like most of the other kids did. 

But I put my thoughts aside as today she would meet the rest of the cast, at a party. That morning I got up from bed and kissed goodbye to my little German Shepard Maddy. Yet to my surprise, I received a urged call from Adam. "Jenifer, look. I really need You and josh to meet y/n's parents, i don't have the time" he said. 

Of course I agreed, and starting getting ready whilst talking over the phone. He gave me the road and adress before hanging up. Then there was a knock at my door, it was josh Dallas. My father in the show, Prince Charming. He stood there with a smile across my face as I clumsily made my way out the door.

We arrived at the place a little over and hour later; it was a dark street, where she lived. Hidden away from the rest of the large city. The houses sat in a circle with an island of green grass placed in the centre,  and one very large oak tree. On that oak tree was a tyre swing, that looked very well used. 

Josh and I slowly walked up to the house, and knocked on the very battered looking red door. We waited for a while before the door creaked open and a pair of tiny fingers appeared behind it. "Hey, y/n" I said In my soft sympathetic voice. "We're here to talk to your parents" 

She stared at me with tired eyes before opening it up and welcoming us inside, yet stayed completely silent. We walked down a very dull looking hallway and into the lounge. Josh and I took a seat on the sofa as y/n came inside with two adults behind her. The father was a large man, with bug muscles and very little hair upon his head. 

The mother, it step mother however was much younger looking, with long blond hair and a face full of makeup. They weren't the most pleasant looking people. Not like there daughter. I watched as the little girl took a seat next to him, looking as is she wanted to be elsewhere. Her eyes drifted around the room as josh began the small talk. 

"I'm josh Dallas, this is Jennifer Morrison, we're hear to...well. Get to know you" he said smiling. The blonde haired woman grinned her incredible large teeth and held her hand forward. "I'm Abby, Karla girlfriend, but now her mother" she said through a country sounding accent. 

I found it weird how she said her. Not y/n. It was like she didn't like her. "Y/n go make our guests some tea" Karl said. I watched as the little girl rose from her seat and rushed over to the kitchen, her soft hair flowing in the wind. "Now, can we talk about money" the father said bluntly. I turned to josh and stuttered before answering. 

"How much will she be getting paid?" Abby interrupted me. "Umm. I don't really know. But I can get back to you"
I replied. There questions were Making me uncomfortable, why could they just be like Jared's parents, all bubbly and sweet. 

Y/n came back with the tea, breaking the awkward silence between us and allowing me to relax. That was until she dropped it and spilt it all over my lap. "I'm so sorry I'm sorry sorry" she repeated her eyes filling up with tears and her hands shaking. Her father gave her an evil glare as she reached down to pick it up and kept apologising. 

Then as Karl noticed the way I looked at him. He said, "don't be silly y/n, it's just an accident" he said smiling. The girl looked at him confused by what he said as she apologised once more. I had never seen someone get so worked up over some tea. "It's ok, really" I said in a laugh. 

Josh stared at me awkwardly and I could instantly tell that he wanted to leave. "We should get going" Josh said. "It was nice talking to you" I lied whilst getting up and placing on my coat over my now tea covered leggings. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. 

(No ones POV) 
When the door closed y/n turned towards her father. "What the bloody hell was that!" He yelled, making her flinch. "I'm sorry, m..my fingers s..s..slipped" the child said through tears. Abby turned towards her and laughed, before walking out the Room to let her boyfriend deal with her. 

The child backed against the wall, her lip trembling back and forth. "Your a little shit you know that" Karl whispered in a rather intimidating. Then slowly he began to take of his long black belt. Y/n begged for forgiveness as she shrunk back into the corner of the room.

But despite her cries,  ripped his arm forward and began to hit her, over and over in more places than just the face. Her screams filled there air, and her tears flooded the carpet. When the man was done he walked over to the fridge and opened a bottle of vodka. 

Y/n limped up to her room, struggling to breath. There was a large cut down her neck but she was lucky it was hidden, as were the other bruises across her back and chest. A lot of them were from the other times she had messed up. 

So that afternoon, Jen and josh walked away from a situation they didn't realise was so dangerous. And they wouldn't for a long long time. Y/n wished she could tell them, but she was too afraid