Chapter 85

***

Hilise's time in the woods of the four seasons took an hour and a half. Axion said he was free, but she didn't believe it right away, so Hilise didn't let him spend as much time as he thought here in the woods of all four seasons.

Axion spent enough time in the archives of Inoaden while she was doing business like that. The filtered sunlight poured in from the window overhead. Axion's gaze remained helplessly in the window where the golden leaves danced.

Then suddenly, he remembered what Hilise said to him when they first came to the forest of the four seasons together.

"Berzet's head is also kind."

Axion stopped laughing through the gap in his lips like he did then.

Axion's presence with Hilise was by no means ingrained kindness. Then why is he showing such a limited favor to her?

"..."

Axion asked himself, and with a slow gesture, he swept over the hair covering his forehead.

The faint unfamiliar feelings that first arose gradually deepened over time. Ever since they first met underground, he has been thinking of Hilise whenever he can.

To be honest, there was nothing else he did when he met Hilise. It wasn't like he was stuck with her all the time in the woods of the four seasons. Hilise was always in the Inoaden private storage room, and Axion was left alone and was wasting his time meaninglessly. They only interacted when they came in here and when they left.

Axión had never asked Hilise for anything more than that. But just that alone gave him a curious sense of satisfaction. And at the same time, Axion also felt a strange thirst.

(When I think of Hilise, I'm strangely thirsty. Sometimes a corner of my chest becomes a little stuffy. Other than that, the strange feeling of sadness, affection, or other feelings that have not yet been exactly defined in the world was also aroused.)

(pr: thirsty hmmmmmmm)

That was not acceptable, but it was still a fact that could not be hidden.

"...The escort to the celebration"

Then Axion wondered if Hilise had already chosen a partner for the celebration.

Axion, of course, didn't choose a partner when he became the head of the party, and that was a choice for the star of the celebration. So he didn't know if Hilis wouldn't either.

"Even if there's someone you've decided to keep next to you..."

If Axion asks to be her partner at the celebration in return for accompanying him to the Forest of the Four Seasons. Then it occurred to him that maybe, maybe Hilise would accept.

Of course, it was a cheap tactic.

(I thought it would be okay to be a little cheap if I could get the position I wanted.)

He never thought he had this side of him and laughed in vain.

**Whooshh...

Suddenly, a calm wave of air came from the front. It was in the direction of Hilise. She seemed to have used the function in Inoaden's archive.

Axion lowered his eyelids, feeling the gentle flow of force. Lying still and paying attention to the faint scent that was gently pushed away, it felt like Hilise Inoaden closer than he thought. Perhaps because he felt at ease, he's feeling drowsy.

Axion lowered his eyelids a little deeper. He couldn't keep his eyes open for a long time because of the glare of the sunlight in his view right now. Just like how he saw Hilise in the garden of Inoaden last time.