Chapter 51

"Did you call me, Chief?"

Hwiing!

As soon as Christian opened the door and entered, something flew in.

It could have been avoided, but Christian didn't and just fit it as the person in front of him wanted.

Peoog! Jaang, gullaangg!

The thing that hit his shoulder broke with a sharp sound.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Christian glanced slightly as he faced a faint look.

His cold red eyes and darkened shoulders were reflected.

It was because it was an ink bottle full of contents that flew to him a while ago and broke.

Christian's eyes got colder.

"If you have eyes, read them for yourself."

It was Gaultier, the current head of Parbenon, who called Christian now.

This time a crumpled piece of paper in his hand was thrown at Christian.

Christian took a few steps forward and picked up the paper that fell on the floor.

Then his face became faintly stiff as he was sweeping through the contents written there.

Gaultier raised his voice again.

"Why did you choose such a girl you don't even know about and make things complicated...! If I had been engaged to Hillise Innoaden earlier, I would have embraced a gold mine by now!"

What he threw at Christian was an invitation to a celebratory banquet for the new head of Innoaden.

I checked the date on the paper and found that the date of sending was already four days ago.

But now, seeing that he was belatedly heating up, it seemed that Gaultier had only confirmed this invitation now.

The scenery in the room made me understand why.

"You speak as if I had the right to decide on this engagement."

Christian returned to his calm face and recited as if when he had hardened his face.

"In the present generation, none of the ancient blood-bearing clans has a direct lineage of women, so a half-princess with no blood of Innoaden's are better suited than Kalykia, who never knows when the genetic disease will develop. Didn't the chief say so himself?"

During Christian's monotonous voice, Gaultier's face was violently distorted.

Christian smiled coldly at it.

"As always, I followed you as you wished, just like the father's faithful son."

Gaultier seemed angrier at Christian's attitude.

"You're so good at talking with your mouth! In the first place, if you just obeyed me as I told you, there must have been four or five children who have inherited the blood of Parbenon by now!"

It was Gaultier's older sister, a term he referred to as 'the child who inherited the blood of Parbenon's' as well as Christian's child.

Gaultier treated Christian not as a son but as a well-raised stallion.

Therefore, he often urged him to have as many women as possible and make a child with noble blood as soon as possible.

Gaultier acted as if Christian had no other value.