Chapter 10

"What? Who?"

There was an obvious surprise and disbelief in his voice.

The silver-haired man, who is seated on the sofa and reading a letter that arrived today, turned his head, while his forehead forming a crease.

"What do you mean Hilise Inoaden? Why would roses bloom from someone else when Ricardo was there?"

Christian Parvenon.

He is a descendant of the direct lineage of Parvenon, one of the four special-blooded families like the Inoaden.

"That's what I heard when I was snooping inside the Inoaden estate."

Christian's subordinate, Lenoc, who delivered the news, told him again.

But even after hearing it with his own two ears, he still finds it unbelievable.

Christian's doubts are reasonable.

The Inoaden's successor is the eldest son, Ricardo.

Even though the vividly red-haired man had not yet awakened, no one doubted that he is the successor.

The terms and conditions for the awakening are usually ordinary, so it was rarely delayed.

That's why everyone thought that Ricardo's awakening would only be a matter of time.

But unexpectedly, it was his younger sister who had the awakening.

Besides, he knows who Hilise Inoaden is.

The pathetic lady who is always by the corner while Gabriel, who's not even her real sister, receives all the attention...

Christian carelessly tossed the letter he was holding onto the table.

His visage was very handsome as if he was a carefully sculpted piece that came to life.

"That's interesting. Instead of Ricardo, it should be his sister who must be nicknamed 'The Princess of Roses'."

That explains why the Inoadens have been strangely quiet these days.

Christian felt amused and annoyed at the same time.

He was interested in the sudden turn of events, but he also thought that all the trouble he went for Gabriel, who was like the princess of Inoaden, was a waste.

Christian's cold gaze landed on Gabriel's letter that he was reading just a while ago.

His fingers slowly swept his jaw and his lips, a habit when he is contemplating something.

"The other families?"

"They haven't made any significant moves yet. I think we were the first one to get the information."

"The Clan of Ashes?"

"Axion Berzet is known to be in a different place right now."

Then there's no risk of losing.

"Let's go check, then."

In the end, he was more inclined to his interest rather than his annoyance.

In addition, if Hilise Inoaden is the true successor, then there's no need to waste his precious time on Gabriel.

Christian, who has made his decision, rose from his seat.

His dazzling silver hair twinkled and shook elegantly as he moved.

Lenoc, who was still inside the room, dissuaded him.