Chapter 2 - The Family Business

The moon is bright and full as Anya jumps back from Death Cloth's attack with her red scarf. She jumps again as the scarf reflects off the ground and up at her face. Her agility is marvelous, easily maneuvering her body to dodge again in mid air and landing again on her feet. Death Cloth is relentless with her skills as well, and twirls and sends her red scarf flying again towards her. Again she dodges it with ease no matter how much speed it increases with every movement. Backed into a corner and dodging by just moving her head to the left, she smiles at her as her scarf pierces through the wall behind her.

Death Cloth: "You are from the house of Jeffens. I thought so from the moves your brother betrayed. But I had to be certain, of course."

Anya: "Of course."

They both bow at each other as to show respect, while everyone else, except Oren is confused.

Clayton: "Well I for one have no idea what in tarnation is going on, do you?"

Black Grass: "Nope, but from what I can make out, they're part of the Assassin Society. The most secret society in the world. Assassins who live like normal people but are a part of a larger society of assassins. I've only heard of them. And only met one during a job, but I let him live. Don't know who he was or his name. But I sure do remember his moves and skills."

Oren: "You let him live you say?"

Black Grass: "Yeah boy. I may look slow but I can move when I want to."

Anya: "Anyway, you'd be correct about the Assassin Society. But let's not talk out here. I'm afraid too many people have seen too much for one night."

Death Cloth: "Agreed."

They all walk back to the saloon and take a seat inside. The bar tender, who's a little shaken up still, pours them a drink and takes it to their table. He tells them its on the house for helping save his bar and to not worry about the damages, that his insurance will pay for the rest as long as they sign up as witnesses to what occurred. But only Clayton offers to sign. Which to the bar tender, is good enough.

Anya: "We're apart of the Society of Secret Assassins. The SSA or the Assassins Secret Society. Which is A S S."

Oren: "I like the second abbreviation better."

He smiles, but she just shakes her head and continues.

Anya: "Excuse him. As I was saying, there are 7 families in total, all which are from different races and areas of Sceneria. We protect all of the different villages and towns of Scenaria from really big threats. There's us, the Jeffens, also known as the Force Raider Assassins."

Death Cloth: "There's my family, the Linoli's, also known as the Death Cloth Assassins. My father is the true Death Cloth. My siblings and I use his name sometimes out in battle to keep his name and legacy alive. My codename is Red Silk. My real name is Denora Linoli."

She bows her head in respect to everyone at the table. Other people are trying to come in, but the bartender waves them out, not wanting anymore issues for the rest of the night.

Clayton: "Ooooo wee! I knew y'all was somethin' special when we were all playing the game. I just didn't realize how special. That's some family business you got there. But you said something about there being 7 family's in your Assassin society? Who are the other 5?"

Anya: "There's the Keri family, known as the Caring Keri Hive, the Kanu family, known as the Wild Beast Pack, the Ibu family, known as the Quick Strike Clan, the Sombi family, known as the Sombi Strike Team and the Zani family, known as the Zani Assassins. We're actually on our way to meet up with our parents in Gundor right now, for a special meeting that was called."