oh how tragic things have came to- jungkook inwardly scoffed.

jungkook wonders why fate had to be so cruel- making him wish for things he'd never wanted, making him dream, making him believe that he'd be happy,

all he ever wanted was to start and end his days with taehyung in his arms,

to watch sunset with his love everyday,

to see taehyungs eyes sparkle everytime he look at him,

to see that rosey hair fan against those blushing cheeks when he would kiss them.

moreover, to have a family,

to love...

was that too greedy to ask?

maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.

love is a tricky thing, so was fate.

□□□

the entirety of the kingdom of baekje was gathered around- the king on his mighty throne, drunk and looking horrible as ever.

but none of the spectators were looking at him,
instead at their omega prince.

such a mystery he was for the curious hearts who writes tales about his rosey hair and of his unmatched beauty,

now there he was, right infront of everyone, vulnerable, but he wasn't what those tales described him to be,

he wasn't adorned in the finest of the silks, nor was he shining with jewels.

there wasn't any healthy blush that the poets croons about, nor was there flowers adorning his unique hair.

instead the omega prince looked like a broken doll,
but instead of the cracks and withering paint there was wounds and scars,
instead of silk, there was old shabby clothes,
instead of a blush there was his skin, a deathly pale.

no shy smiles on those lips,
rather there were heart wrenching sobs.

and baekje was stunned, for then they understood the extent of one's cruel deeds.

over the chorus of drums that echoed, surrounded by the guards and wolves came the murderer of the kim daejung.

jeon jungkook, they heard his name is.

he didn't look one bit like an assassin though, instead the alpha looked lost- not in a place, but rather in the maze of life.

"j-jungkook..alpha-" the omega prince had cried out from where he was being held down by guards,
and jungkooks eyes had flown everywhere until his eyes stuck on the other.

"its o-kay, cherry. i'm okay" the alpha had mouthed to taehyungs way whilst his eyes welled up in tears, before he was pushed to move again until he was standing on a podium.

to jungkook every second of it seems to go slow, he could feel everything- even the gentle breeze and softest of light on his bruised skin.

as his eyes again found taehyung to take in all of him again, all of his features till the last moment- he heard shouts nearby, yoongi and even jimin protesting in the guards hold, shouting the kings way, asking him to let jungkook go.

but all of it dissolved away from his ears, all he saw was his cherry- the way taehyung was trying to reach to him, the way tears rolled down taehyungs cheeks- oh how jungkook wanted to wipe them away.

at that moment jungkook wished he could live a bit more. was that greedy of him too?

over the light chorus of drums, a guard was reading out the announcement-
"...the murderer of our beloved alpha prince is to be hanged now... to repair the casualties of the palace, the citizens are requested to pay fifty coins per each family in a week..."